New home shirt (confirmed)

CnGN0LvWYAAKN0v.jpg:large

like it, like it more with the gulf colour to the torso area http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1195744&i=40

As has been said before, this is going to be a massive hit with the kids. My 10 year old has seen it and straight away said that's the one he wants. To be honest (and only my opinion) kids should be who we are targeting for the kits anyway. I always look forward to seeing the new shirts but haven't contemplated buying one for myself since I was about 20 (which was a long time ago). Hearing grown men get so angry when they see we have blue shorts not white ones just makes me chuckle.

Haha, just so you know mate, I've not worn a City shirt since I was 16. I've not worn City shorts since I was about 9.

But the home colours are important to me because it's part of the identity of the club. I don't want us to end up like Cardiff with red shirts. Or like Hull getting rebranded as Hull Tigers.

The history and identity of the club is important to me, the same as it was to my dad and my grandad. If it's not important to you, and you find it all a big ol chuckle, fair play to you. Everyone cares about the club in different ways I guess.

As has been said before, this is going to be a massive hit with the kids. My 10 year old has seen it and straight away said that's the one he wants. To be honest (and only my opinion) kids should be who we are targeting for the kits anyway. I always look forward to seeing the new shirts but haven't contemplated buying one for myself since I was about 20 (which was a long time ago). Hearing grown men get so angry when they see we have blue shorts not white ones just makes me chuckle.
Great point. Would a compromise be home kit is ultra traditional and 2nd and 3rd are "concept" type lunacy for the kids? Everyone's a winner.

It's all about how can we claim "tradition" but still make the kit different enough that people will buy it because they don't want to look like they are wearing last year's kit!

There is a reason the likes of Adidas lay out hundreds of millions for shirt/kit deals, and it isn't charity!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.