New I-Phone 4

anthonydunn87 said:
I got my new I-Phone 4 coming tomorrow and have never had an I-Phone before so was just wondering if anyone new some good free apps i can play with when it comes, and also is there anyway to listen to talksport on it because i have a new sterio which is a dock for apple products and it doesn't have the radio on it.

The dilemma you have is do you jailbreak it, if you do, it invalidates the warranty but you can download pretty much all apps for free. I took a chance and did my Iphone and Ipad on the same day i got them and never had a problem. But i did my wifes, she has an unrelated problem with her phone and is worried about taking it back for swapping.

Thats the gamble.

ps, don't let the HTC gang put you off, bar not having flash player the Iphone is superior :-)

anthonydunn87 said:
I was all giddy and excited at getting a new gizmo tomorrow and now you lot have made me glum
To each their own mate, you might love it. For me though, especially from witnessing it from some of my mates, people get the iPhone just because it is 'the iPhone, therefore I must have one'. I know about 5 or 6 people with iPhones, and 2 of them have admitted that given the chance, they would prefer the HD. When I came up for renewal in Jan I had done shit loads of research into my next phone, as I knew it would be a 2 yearer. I whittled down my choices to the Desire HD, iPhone 4 and the Torch. The Torch was the first off the list, (again, people go for Blackberry's 'because its a Blackberry, therefore I must have one', but when I held one I found it clunky and very poorly put together. Then it was a choice between the iPhone 4 and the HD. I chose the HD because its bigger, (which I don't mind, but some think its too big), but also because, well everyone else had the iPhone, and me being me I like to do things a little different. The reviews, in fairness, were all pretty level. Some preferred the iPhone, some preferred the HD, (professional reviews I mean), but it swung it for me when I physically saw the screen compared to the iPhone. Not been disappointed with it one bit, as i'm sure you won't with your iPhone.
I liken iPhones to a big, razmatazz American song and dance, whereas HTC with is 'Quietly Brilliant' slogan, just came along all cool and quiet and then proceeded to wipe its arse with the Blackberry first, then use the iPhone as duff wipes. ;-)

Well there's a Talksport app. Invest in angry birds and you will be glued to your iPhone forever, I've never looked back since getting the original iPhone but you should have waited until September when the new one is expected to come out.

rushts said:
anthonydunn87 said:
I got my new I-Phone 4 coming tomorrow and have never had an I-Phone before so was just wondering if anyone new some good free apps i can play with when it comes, and also is there anyway to listen to talksport on it because i have a new sterio which is a dock for apple products and it doesn't have the radio on it.

The dilemma you have is do you jailbreak it, if you do, it invalidates the warranty but you can download pretty much all apps for free. I took a chance and did my Iphone and Ipad on the same day i got them and never had a problem. But i did my wifes, she has an unrelated problem with her phone and is worried about taking it back for swapping.

Thats the gamble.

ps, don't let the HTC gang put you off, bar not having flash player the Iphone is superior :-)

I think it's debatable that it's superior. Having owned an iPhone & an HTC, I prefer the HTC. Android is just so much more user friendly imo & you're not forced into having the utter pile of shite that is iTunes. One more thing about Android.... no need to root it or any such shit like that in order to get free apps (if that's what you want).

What's surely beyond doubt is that the iPhone sure as hell isn't worth the extra cash.

rushts said:
anthonydunn87 said:

Thats the gamble.

I am sorry but jailbreak does not do anything to the warranty. At anytime you can reset it using itunes, it will be back to normal. Reset your wifes iphone, sorry icrap, using itunes. Won't have any problem replacing it then.

VJRSD.jpg

BulgarianPride said:
rushts said:
anthonydunn87 said:

Thats the gamble.

I am sorry but jailbreak does not do anything to the warranty. At anytime you can reset it using itunes, it will be back to normal. Reset your wifes iphone, sorry icrap, using itunes. Won't have any problem replacing it then.

Are you 100% that resetting through Itunes doesn't leave any files or 'fingerprints' on my wife icrap ?
I got told it did, if you are sure i'll reset it and take it back !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.