New Job Required

It sounds it. However, you'd harm any pay off if you didn't comply. If someone influential has left ours because of politics then we soldier on regardless without them as they're given 5 minutes to pack their things and go. They could have the contacts, knowledge etc but it's irrelevant. I'd much rather the departing person did the handover but it's not always possible.

I think it depends on the line of work you are in as you say, if you work in high level management, finance or contracts then I believe gardening leave is given.
The hope is that I will go back to my company at the end of this contract and will be assigned new work, but not much work here at the moment and my fear is that if I am sitting on the bench for too long then I will be deemed surplus to requirements.
The replacements work for the same company but different location so it would be wrong for me not to share my knowledge as painful as it will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.