New Kit Deal - Under Armour?

Was it Kappa that let the club down years ago by missing a kit launch date and then compounding the problem by missing the new date for the kit launch? At the time it was rumoured that they were prioritizing another club over City.

And a bit before that City shirts were always sold out because the Umbro factory was geared to the Rags and only made ours now and then

Absolute nonsense.

Under Armour's business model has grown ridiculously fast and overtaken many, many competitors.

Take it from someone who has been sat in a room with senior Nike reps pitching a kit package to a major US college football team, the mere mention of under armour will see Nike double down on what they offer. Nike are the daddy, but they are also scared shitless of the new kid on the block and for good reason. Even when Nike has exclusivity in the NFL, players are trying to wear under armour.

I've just got back from the US and I was stunned how popular Under Armour was. I'd say the Under Armour hats / tshirts I saw outnumbered Nike 3 to 1.

A friend told me Under Armour is in real financial trouble as it's tried to expand too quickly and over spent on sponsorship and is in huge debt. Not sure if that's true or not.

I'd be wary of jumping in to bed with Under Armour, outside of the States I don't think they've got anywhere near the reach and recognition of Nike, and they're also pretty closely associated with Trump which I'm sure our owners are keen to avoid.

I'd be wary of jumping in to bed with Under Armour, outside of the States I don't think they've got anywhere near the reach and recognition of Nike
I can't speak for anywhere else, but Under Armour are huge over here in the UAE. They have their own branded stores in all the major malls and huge concession spaces in the big multi-brand sportshops. They're comfortably on a par with Nike and Adidas in terms of presence here, and may have even overtaken Nike (who pretty much stick to their own stores).

Absolute nonsense.

Under Armour's business model has grown ridiculously fast and overtaken many, many competitors.

Take it from someone who has been sat in a room with senior Nike reps pitching a kit package to a major US college football team, the mere mention of under armour will see Nike double down on what they offer. Nike are the daddy, but they are also scared shitless of the new kid on the block and for good reason. Even when Nike has exclusivity in the NFL, players are trying to wear under armour.

Well I hope your right. I would like us to have a competior to drive up the price. I live in Nike''s home state and have lot of friends and family who have worked for them. They are like a machine.

And a bit before that City shirts were always sold out because the Umbro factory was geared to the Rags and only made ours now and then

In the 60s and the 70's City were the everything to Umbro but you are right United became their priority in the 90s and that's why we walked away. Towards the end of that first era some of the kits were shocking. The second era was brilliant though - way better than Nike.

Was it Kappa that let the club down years ago by missing a kit launch date and then compounding the problem by missing the new date for the kit launch? At the time it was rumoured that they were prioritizing another club over City.
This could all be true my friend. But the kits were so well made and quality was second to none.

Yes please and thank you

cityshirt.jpg

I recall people waring the kappa tops in town before the official release. I think some containers had been broken into in trafford park and merchandise being flogged in the local pubs.

Nike have been pretty terrible so far, and if we can get more money and better quality kits from elsewhere this can only be a good thing.

Alternatively it might make Nike take us seriously and give us an improved offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.