New kit

Ric

Administrator
Got invited to a special fans launch of the new kit today, where we saw the three new kits in the flesh, so to speak. Obviously they're Umbro, and sponsored by Etihad as everyone knows. There were a dozen or so City fans there (Kevin Parker, Dave Wallace, the usual suspects etc) and a couple of reprobates from here who somehow wangled an invite. Was all a bit secretive, few drinks with Garry Cook in the Northern Quarter before we were whisked off to another venue.

Fair play to the club, they made a point of revealing the kits to fans before the press and that (although sadly people won't get to see them properly until July 18th). Garry Cook gave a speech where he said that the new regime wanted much closer ties to the fans and spoke very positively about the future (confirming too the Barry deal - I pressed him about Tevez, and he was non-committal). During his speech he joked about Bluemoon, and acknowledged that the pictures on here were the real ones.

The guy from Umbro who did the subsequent speech was laughing about it, showing us where the photos on here had taken place.

Anyway, enough of that. On to the kits.

I was apprehensive when Umbro were announced as the new manufacturers, as I wanted a more fashionable label like Adidas or Puma (a point I made to Garry Cook, who was very keen to stress the Manchester heritage of Umbro - "a Manchester brand for a Manchester team").

But I must admit I was very impressed with the quality and design of the new shirts. The home kit is great, an old school white round neck, very simple sky blue on the shirt (no shitty background on the kit) and the badge looks top, properly stitched into the shirt rather than the shit we've seen in the past. I feel like Gok Wan here, but I'm always underwhelmed by our new kits, and it was good. Very good, in fact. It's properly fitted now too, so there'll be no S, M, L or XL next year, it's all on chest sizes.

The away kit is the black one, unsure about it myself (was my least favourite of the three) but still a big, big improvement on previous kits. Bit of gold on there which they took from the badge, apparently.

The third kit is quality. Proper old school City. White shirt with the diagonal stripes across it, they decideed they didn't want the sponsor ruining that so that's in the top corner beneath the bdge. I could harp on but you can see them on here, as you've been able to for a few weeks (can't be arsed digging out the thread, but they are definitely our new kits).

All in all, great of the club to do it tonight and the kits are very nice. I've not bought a replica top for ten years, but am tempted now. They are very good, noticeably better than all our recent previous kits.

Thanks for the update Ric. Can't wait to get my hands on all three, particulary the third kit.

Yeah, and the goalkeeper tops and other stuff but can't remember it that clearly (was paying too much attention to the shirts and the free bar). All shorts and socks looked nice enough though, but can't remember the details (fairly plain white shorts for the home kit, sky blue socks with rolled up white bits, as if that helps).

Great stuff Ric. Don't like the black kit, i'll be getting the Home and 3rd myself.

Good stuff. I did like those pictures. Pleased they are plain with no background.

Hope they do a mark F size.

Heard the other day that the quality of them is good, very good in fact. A much improved effort than LCS, downside being that they will be more expensive

Thanks, Ric. From website fan boy to summons to Northern Quarter drinks with the Chief Exec. Reckon BM has most definitely arrived then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.