New kit

My last thread didn't register because of the server problems we've got, grr.

Anyway, no diamonds on the sleeves (just the Premier League badges). Garry Cook was great, you get the impression he genuinely cares what the fans think. He reads Bluemoon regularlyy, and makes his staff do the same (he told me I need to update the home page more often too, fair point). He's a genuinely sound guy, who is great with the fans and seems like he genuinely gives a shit which is far removed from some previous regimes.

Ric I'm very disapointed in you, your interrogation skills lack should we say a certain cutting edge....I'm sure even the most basic junior journalist would of been able to read into the conversation between you and Garry Cook and decipher which player is next on the list. Poor show Ric!!!

Make sure this does'nt happen again or else that damn jail bird Wheelsy will be running the show!!! :)

Please don't ban me....

Ric said:
My last thread didn't register because of the server problems we've got, grr.

Anyway, no diamonds on the sleeves (just the Premier League badges). Garry Cook was great, you get the impression he genuinely cares what the fans think. He reads Bluemoon regularlyy, and makes his staff do the same (he told me I need to update the home page more often too, fair point). He's a genuinely sound guy, who is great with the fans and seems like he genuinely gives a shit which is far removed from some previous regimes.

Cheers for the info Ric...

It is genuinely appreciated, I can go to bed and sleep soundly now!

For god sake! We have been spoilt in recent years by having le coq as they make very cheap kits. Other clubs have to pay £44.99, so if we want a kit made by a good manufacturer such as Adida, Nike or Umbro (who are getting a good reputation again) then thats what will be charged.

Its down to the rrp as set by Umbro, and they cannot charge less just for us but not for other teams.

I'd be surprised if the rrp was more than £39.99 though, as this is the price for Rovers who are also made by umbro.

I'll confirm a few things i heard and posted here a few weeks ago when the club shop and partners launch happened. The cat is out of the bag now so a lot safer, eh Ric? ;-)

I was told the shirts would be £40. The goalkeeper kits are green home, and an orangey yellow away (whatever that is!). Ric is bob on about the sizes moving from S/M/L to chest sizes, probably due to the amount of returns last year to the extent the club had to put a message on the shop site saying to buy the size down that you usually do. Presale online for the home shirt should be the 1st July, official sale 18th July which is the first game of the South Africa tournament, and the reopening of the club shop after a refit.

I think that's all i have over and above Ric's post, i had to have Ric delete the original one as i was a bit naughty :s

I was one of the said reprobates at the preview tonight.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123386 - for all those that remember!

After skimming through the thread, I would like to add that the shorts for the home kit are white with a thin blue strip down the sides, the socks are white with blue at the top. The shorts and socks for both the 2nd and 3rd kit were black.

A few other things I'd like to add: I asked Garry if we were to get to a final would we have a special edition kit with the Manchester coat of arms - yes was the answer.

On the way out someone (didn't know them) was saying that Garry said, 'If you liked Barry, you'll love who's next.' - Encouraging stuff!

I'm guessing that as there are 3 kits they'll be (at leat) one new one next season as well.
Is the Black/Gold one the same template as Rangers home shirt, do you know?

Did they have any of the training gear Ric?

On the pricing front, if you are reading this Mr Cook, why don't we make sure the City store matches the price at Sports Direct? ( I'm not trying to be flipant by the way, it is a good idea and will bring ALL the money to City, raising our overall average profit on the shirt sales.
There is an arguemnent for loyalty etc, but if you have to but 3 new shirts + the same for your kids ANY saving is to be sought out.

You can reply on here if you want !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.