New Kits 2018/19

I don't for one minute think its intentional, but people will use this type of thing for their own allegiances. Intentional or otherwise, it could be deemed political so it shouldn't have been signed off.

We are in agreement that it is shit.
But then all kinds of colours could be deemed as political if a precedent is set. Part of my family is Irish but if any of them told me not to wear orange, I’d tell them to grow up.

I don't for one minute think its intentional, but people will use this type of thing for their own allegiances. Intentional or otherwise, it could be deemed political so it shouldn't have been signed off.

We are in agreement that it is shit.
There was no fuss made by Celtic fans the other season when we turned up in an orange kit
nolito-celtic-manchester-city-champions-league-2016_1iibamqzc5v0zz8jq4xjjngzy.jpg

I generally love kits with a sash but whoever has sanctioned an orange sash is an absolute pillock to put it mildly. We might get away with it by pleading ignorance but pretty sure if Rangers/Linfield etc tried it UEFA would sanction them for a Religious/Politcal message. It just isolates some of our supporters completely unnecessarily. Whilst its not that significant for me or my immediate family, I remember visiting some of my Irish relatives who were not happy when I turned up wearing the 2008ish Le Coq Sportif orange away shirt.

If nothing else it also seems more than a bit stupid to have a navy kit and a dark purple kit...
Hate to say it fella, but that says more about your family than it does about the kit. All my family is Irish, but they wouldn't bat an eyelid at an orange City shirt. There is absolutely nothing political or religious in the shirt. The immediate reaction would be to laugh at such an atrocious shirt.

Hate to say it fella, but that says more about your family than it does about the kit. All my family is Irish, but they wouldn't bat an eyelid at an orange City shirt. There is absolutely nothing political or religious in the shirt. The immediate reaction would be to laugh at such an atrocious shirt.

I've gone a bit overboard by saying they weren't happy. My family are from a fairly secular part of the north and they just made a few jokey comments in reality. It may even have been the 12th July whilst I was there on that occasion.

I don't think I'm the only one in this thread that's made the link though so still think it's stupid that it got signed off.

I don't like the colour combination. If Nike want to give us a purple kit, give us white pin stripes with it. They wouldn't even have to change the template from the away kit (we know they don't like doing that)

There was no fuss made by Celtic fans the other season when we turned up in an orange kit
nolito-celtic-manchester-city-champions-league-2016_1iibamqzc5v0zz8jq4xjjngzy.jpg
Looks like they could get to the group stage this year. If we turn up at Celtic Park and the team photo looks like this, I think it i will get mentioned...
Orangemen-parade-in-Belfa-010.jpg

But anyway, I've discussed this more than I meant to so II' happy to move on.

Last edited:
I ended up buying the Away shirt. First Nike shirt I've bought. Not been a fan of theirs and I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in Puma but I'm ready for a change.

I became acquainted with a City marketing executive some seasons ago and he said red and black doesn’t sell the numbers they’d expect.

Our more mature supporters may crave the good old days but this is backed up by fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.