New Kits 2018/19

Is there any opposition we might face in the Champions League final that would mean we're wearing the away kit this year?

It would probably sum up the last 20 years if we won the biggest competition in club football wearing a kit to commemorate a second division playoff win.

Could happen!

mancitymunichpa_450x300.jpg
Hated that one.

We should have had the same style as the rags that day but didn't those ****s claim that the style of that kit contributed to their loss?

Should be this if its a one off
d70b73b27b85e126ddb1174c33af0c4f.jpg

I've always wondered why there aren't any teams who wear all black any more. It used to be relatively common back in the old days and you see it in other sports.

Edit - just googled it and apparently -"In Britain all clubs were banned from wearing black shirts until the Premier League allowed their use for away teams, so the referees could always wear an all black kit."

Is there any opposition we might face in the Champions League final that would mean we're wearing the away kit this year?

It would probably sum up the last 20 years if we won the biggest competition in club football wearing a kit to commemorate a second division playoff win.
Napoli, Madrid, Spurs.

Napoli, Madrid, Spurs.

I think only Napoli would make us switch. Madrid's all white isn't going to clash with our blue - we might wear blue shorts but that's about it.

Spurs have Navy shorts and half their shirts, so we wouldn't be able to wear it against them.

I think only Napoli would make us switch. Madrid's all white isn't going to clash with our blue - we might wear blue shorts but that's about it.

Spurs have Navy shorts and half their shirts, so we wouldn't be able to wear it against them.
They usually wear white shorts in Europe.

Should be this if its a one off
d70b73b27b85e126ddb1174c33af0c4f.jpg

Love this kit but we won't be allowed to use it. If you remember City wouldn't let us use that logo when designing the new badge because it can be considered racist or it looks like the swastika or something like that they said.

Love this kit but we won't be allowed to use it. If you remember City wouldn't let us use that logo when designing the new badge because it can be considered racist or it looks like the swastika or something like that they said.
Too similar to the Iron Cross, was the reasoning I believe. Like the swastika—which for thousands of years had been a positive, often spiritual symbol—the Nazis ruined the symbol for western use.

I know a few people from India that still display a version of the pinwheel in decorative tapestries (which in their culture has always meant prosperity) as they can’t stand the idea of its meaning being permenantly changed by “maniacal genocidal monsters.” I can’t bring myself to associate with the symbol (with its true meaning, that is), but I understand the basis for why they do it.

Not sure we’ll ever have a kit harkening back to the St. Mark’s days because of that association, unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.