New Kits 2018/19

man-city18-19-third-kit-2.jpg

Too similar to the Iron Cross, was the reasoning I believe. Like the swastika—which for thousands of years had been a positive, often spiritual symbol—the Nazis ruined the symbol for western use.

I know a few people from India that still display a version of the pinwheel in decorative tapestries (which in their culture has always meant prosperity) as they can’t stand the idea of its meaning being permenantly changed by “maniacal genocidal monsters.” I can’t bring myself to associate with the symbol (with its true meaning, that is), but I understand the basis for why they do it.

Not sure we’ll ever have a kit harkening back to the St. Mark’s days because of that association, unfortunately.
It also has it's origins during the Crusades and the Teutonic Knights 'protecting' Christians in the Holy Land. That we're owned by an Arab might be a tad incongruous to wear on our kit...

It also has it's origins during the Crusades and the Teutonic Knights 'protecting' Christians in the Holy Land. That we're owned by an Arab might be a tad incongruous to wear on our kit...
Thats all true, but also as we are producing a kit to commererate 125 years, there would be little point having bits on it that pre date the 125 years. It's part of the roots but not part of the 125 years of Manchester City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.