New Kits 2018/19

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg
I like that Adidas incorporated United’s recently established ‘black hole of talent’ identity in to the design.

Last edited:
Not odd at all, fans on twitter design one kit they dont need to produce thousands of. Where nike have to produce loads of kits with production running into millions. Now they could and should do a lot better but they aren't going to give us a bespoke kit, it will always be some sort of template that can be run of a production line.

oh f*ck off. that has zero to do with that. because i've seen shirts which is 100 % sky blue, could be made of cheapest material ever and it still would look thousand times better than what nike comes up with.

oh f*ck off. that has zero to do with that. because i've seen shirts which is 100 % sky blue, could be made of cheapest material ever and it still would look thousand times better than what nike comes up with.
Whats that got to do with fans bespoke designs on twitter ? Or what I was posting about.

Design and material sourcing are two different things.

What @blueparrot, I and several others are talking about is the simplification of designs to templates that allow for only slight modification (change collar, change sleeve colour, change main body print patterns) so as to be passed of as “unique” to each club and their ‘istree, while really being for the purpose of easy manufacture at scale.

Design and material sourcing are two different things.

What @blueparrot, I and several others are talking about is the simplification of designs to templates that allow for only slight modification (change collar, change sleeve colour, change main body print patterns) so as to be passed of as “unique” to each club and their ‘istree, while really being for the purpose of easy manufacture at scale.
Just thinking about kits I've seen and I cant think of any club that use Nike that get a unique design. I know we did with umbro. Just wonder how far down the chain we would need to go and how much less we would need to accept to get a company that would do that. Dont think Adidas would , Puma?

Just thinking about kits I've seen and I cant think of any club that use Nike that get a unique design. I know we did with umbro. Just wonder how far down the chain we would need to go and how much less we would need to accept to get a company that would do that. Dont think Adidas would , Puma?
Not Puma, either—see Arsenal and Dortmund.

Honestly, probably to Mitre, Joma, or back to Umbro.

Unfortunately, the club will want the largest deal possible, so it is extremely unlikely we will get a manufacturer that will give us anything near the beautiful kits (I own all of them) we got from Umbro in the “golden” period.

Not Puma, either—see Arsenal and Dortmund.

Honestly, probably to Mitre, Joma, or back to Umbro.

Unfortunately, the club will want the largest deal possible, so it is extremely unlikely we will get a manufacturer that will give us anything near the beautiful kits (I own all of them) we got from Umbro in the “golden” period.
Thats what I thought. Shame but I suppose it is what it is.

Just seen. Awful.

But id still like us to have a tad more identity with the change kits. Rather than the generics

I totally agree with you, I’ve been banging that drum for years.

Blue shirts, white shorts, non-negotiable. And blue socks, preferably navy ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.