New Kits 2018/19

I'm sure it could have been a lot worse. Main issue is the sleeves.

City's home shirt should have body and sleeves that are a simple solid sky blue. Trimmings should be white but dark blue is not a bad compromise to marketing needs.

I couldn't care less about the button but I saw a picture the other day of when Stones signed for us and I still hate that shirt with the dark sleeves. Feckin' awful and not our colours. If they just kept the sleeves the same colour as the rest of the shirt it'd be fine; not the best but not shite like it is.

A lot of the european teams have the national colours on their kits because they are proud... we as england are part of the european "continent".... so why cant we be proud without being labelled???... we have a caravan in wales that we use regulary... i see the welsh dragon flag everywhere.. i have no problem with it... they are proud.... so why cant we be... its seems ok for the other counter parts of the uk to display their colours and be proud.... manchester city are an english team... city and many other english clubs have an international presence, theres no harm in having the england colours on the kit to instill identity.. the other city group treams will no doubt adopt their national colours too.

A lot of the european teams have the national colours on their kits because they are proud... we as england are part of the european "continent".... so why cant we be proud without being labelled???... we have a caravan in wales that we use regulary... i see the welsh dragon flag everywhere.. i have no problem with it... they are proud.... so why cant we be... its seems ok for the other counter parts of the uk to display their colours and be proud.... manchester city are an english team... city and many other english clubs have an international presence, theres no harm in having the england colours on the kit to instill identity.. the other city group treams will no doubt adopt their national colours too.

You’re quite right mate that there shouldn’t be anything wrong with waving your countries flag.

But unfortunately far-right groups like the BNP, NF, EDL and others have adopted the Union Jack and St George’s cross as their own symbols.

Unfortunately that taints it for everyone else who wants to use it for more moderate purposes. I don’t think the Welsh, Scottish or other European flags have quite the same fascist associations. Although I’d love to see someone try to put a Spain flag on a Barca shirt. Afterall, they play in Spain...

Various Italian sides have the St George cross on their badges or kits e.g. Sampdoria and Cagliari.

I wondered if it was because some of them had English people involved in setting up the clubs, or does the emblem have local significance?
St George is the patron Saint of about fifty different areas. Surprisingly though, not England. The patron saint of England is St Edmund but for some unknown reason we adopted St George and his flag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.