New Kits 2018/19

Actually I quite like it. We've had worse, Navy socks not too bad and at least they've stayed with the white shorts.

I don't really mind it too much as its kind of what we've come to expect from Nike. They will have all of their clubs wearing the same shit in different colours, Spurs will have the same one as us in white with probably grey on the arms or something. I've not bought any shirts since we've moved over to Nike and won't be doing until we move away from them.

St George is the patron Saint of about fifty different areas. Surprisingly though, not England. The patron saint of England is St Edmund but for some unknown reason we adopted St George and his flag
It’s to do with the Crusades.
St George was the patron saint of the republic of Genoa at the time of the crusades. The Genoese navy pretty much owned the Mediterranean and flew the cross of st George on their ships. The English made a deal with the Genoese republic and were allowed to adopt the cross which gave them protection from other factions in the med guaranteeing them a safe passage.
History lesson over.

It’s to do with the Crusades.
St George was the patron saint of the republic of Genoa at the time of the crusades. The Genoese navy pretty much owned the Mediterranean and flew the cross of st George on their ships. The English made a deal with the Genoese republic and were allowed to adopt the cross which gave them protection from other factions in the med guaranteeing them a safe passage.
History lesson over.
Nice one, cheers for that

You’re quite right mate that there shouldn’t be anything wrong with waving your countries flag.

But unfortunately far-right groups like the BNP, NF, EDL and others have adopted the Union Jack and St George’s cross as their own symbols.

Unfortunately that taints it for everyone else who wants to use it for more moderate purposes. I don’t think the Welsh, Scottish or other European flags have quite the same fascist associations. Although I’d love to see someone try to put a Spain flag on a Barca shirt. Afterall, they play in Spain...

Barcelona wanting to be independent is the reason they wouldn't want a Spain flag on their kit. Completely fucking different to us being an English club, in England, not an area that feels it should never have been part of England in the first place and wants to be completely independent from it.

Would those who don't like the St. George's cross be happier with the "#MANCITY" those other pictures have in it's place?

An actual twatter hashtag on a kit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.