New Kompany Calf Injury?

As much as i despise international football, that cant be blamed for this. Vinny could apparently get injured just boiling an egg...

absolutely devasting news if he's any sort of injury as it likely sets the tone for the season... :-(

terrible management to not bring in a centre half i'm afraid

If he is injured there goes our season. ffs we needed Evans.
You reckon? Admittedly, at this point I'd rather have had Evans than nobody but I think what we actually needed wasn't a fourth choice CB but someone genuinely good enough to step in for Kompany for long periods of the season. This particular "knock" might end up being something and nothing but by not prioritising CB at all during the window we have left ourselves completely at the mercy of Kompany's calf muscles this season. At some point it is very likely that it will be a big problem and the most annoying thing is that it wasn't exactly hard to predict. Still, at least we gave spending pots of cash on another attacker a good go, right to the very end of the window.

Not quite following this new "we should've brought in a CB" narrative that's started on here and no doubt will pop up whenever we lose or have an injury. It's not as if the club didn't want one or didn't try for one. We wanted VVD, he wanted Liverpool. There were other targets, but we had to shift Mangala first. The club actively tried to shift Mangala but we couldn't. If we had, we would've brought in a CB. We were also shafted by the Alves situation and the knock on effect that had to the transfer budget.

I feel like i'm wasting my time and this will be bluemoon's new moan this year but, it had to be said.

It's now up to the very highly rated and highly paid coaching team to see what they can get out of Mangala, considering he's in both Prem and CL squads.

Not quite following this new "we should've brought in a CB" narrative that's started on here and no doubt will pop up whenever we lose or have an injury. It's not as if the club didn't want one or didn't try for one. We wanted VVD, he wanted Liverpool. There were other targets, but we had to shift Mangala first. The club actively tried to shift Mangala but we couldn't. If we had, we would've brought in a CB. We were also shafted by the Alves situation and the knock on effect that had to the transfer budget.

I feel like i'm wasting my time and this will be bluemoon's new moan this year but, it had to be said.

It's now up to the very highly rated and highly paid coaching team to see what they can get out of Mangala, considering he's in both Prem and CL squads.

It's not a new narrative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.