New Kompany Calf Injury?

After the article today that alleges that Pep is furious with Kompany....quick question: did Kompany really get a knock and continued to play the 90??

A

Agree.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought Stones was all over the place at the start.
His backing off a player and allowing them to run at goal could have cost us big time.
Add on his long range passing being shocking for a really uncomfortable first half from him.

If you're talking about the incident which led to Can's free kick then Fernandinho was the culprit for that one. He had the chance to get in front of the Liverpool player (Mane or Salah was it?) but completely left him to run directly at Stones. Should never have been put in the position he was by Fernandinho.

Hard to judge a player on 25 mins of football against a side who had virtually downed tools as an attacking threat.

We are going to have to use him at some point though if persisting with 3 at the back.. Play him against West Brom and see how he does in that and then take it from there. Otamendi was very poor yesterday so if he carries on like that then Mangala may well find himself back in.

If you're talking about the incident which led to Can's free kick then Fernandinho was the culprit for that one. He had the chance to get in front of the Liverpool player (Mane or Salah was it?) but completely left him to run directly at Stones. Should never have been put in the position he was by Fernandinho.

I still think Stones let him run too far. Risky that. He does it quite a lot and I think it's part of his game he could improve on.

Its by Mullock so dont discount this as usual media rubbish either.

if i was Pep id be fucked off as well given the game and opponents in question.
It's evident where Kompany's priorities lie & given a choice between his club or country, his country has won every time.

If the article is true, then that's his last 3 managers who've felt the same way. It only dawned on me yesterday, but Danilo could turn out to be this season's secret weapon. He's played LB, RB, CB & DM & looked like decent cover for all. I hope we have a closer look at Danilo, Mangala & Stones as possible first choices if we play with a back 3.

Stones finally looked like the composed footballing CB in the Maldini mode I'd heard so much about. He was absolutely astounding yesterday & seemed to take command of our defence which I've never seen him do before.

As for Kompany, if he's willing to risk our season for international glory, then he needs to be our back up, not main man. I can see a situation whereby Russia 2018 will be his international swansong, but whether he'll still be our captain or main defensive lynchpin remains to be seen.

As it stands, I'd have no issues if the club decided to replace him in the summer & allow him to see out the balance of his career with Anderlecht or NYCFC, such are my feelings towards him right now.

If we'd have got stiffed by LFC yesterday, I doubt his needless injury would have been forgiven so lightly.

Last edited:
It's evident where Kompany's priorities lie & given a choice between his club or country, his country has won every time.

If the article is true, then that's his last 3 managers who've felt the same way. It only dawned on me yesterday, but Danilo could turn out to be this season's secret weapon. He's played LB, RB, CB & DM & looked like decent cover for all. I hope we have a closer look at Danilo, Mangala & Stones as are possible first choice if we play with a back 3.

Stones finally looked like the composed footballing CB in the Maldini mode I'd heard so much about. He was absolutely astounding yesterday & seemed to take command of our defence which I've never seen him do before.

As for Kompany, if he's willing to risk our season for international glory, then he needs to be our back up, not main man. I can see a situation whereby Russia 2018 will be his international swansong, but whether he'll still be our captain or main defensive lynchpin remains to be seen.

As it stands, I'd have no issues if the club decided to replace him in the summer & allow him to see out the balance of his career with Anderlecht or NYCFC, such are my feelings towards him right now.

If we'd have got stiffed by LFC yesterday, I doubt his needless injury would have been forgiven so lightly.

I completely agree about John Stones; he was outstanding yesterday. He really is very good in the 'sweeper' rôle in a back three. Hopefully, Pep is bringing out the best in him.

As for Vinnie, we all know he loves playing for Belgium, but that doesn't help City, and if it's true that he carried on after he was injured, he deserves the biggest bollocking imaginable.

Hard to judge a player on 25 mins of football against a side who had virtually downed tools as an attacking threat.

We are going to have to use him at some point though if persisting with 3 at the back.. Play him against West Brom and see how he does in that and then take it from there. Otamendi was very poor yesterday so if he carries on like that then Mangala may well find himself back in.
Otamendi clearly has Pep's appreciation as seen in the post match tunnel-cam video.

Why he had to play in a game v Gibraltar is stupid. A game and circumstances made for playing your squad players.

l don't ever recall Kompany taking it easy in a City game to prioritise an International. He does not prioritise one over the other, he gives every impression of being passionate about both.

l don't ever recall Kompany taking it easy in a City game to prioritise an International. He does not prioritise one over the other, he gives every impression of being passionate about both.

Exactly.

He will retire after the World Cup anyway. Then he will prob have a couple more years with us then call it a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.