New Kompany Calf Injury?

Exactly.

He will retire after the World Cup anyway. Then he will prob have a couple more years with us then call it a day.

If the facts are as been presented here he may not be given such an opportunity by the club. Personally while I admire the guy and am thankful for what he has done
the injury record has reached the stage when clearly we are better off without him. We need a new CB and leader and that has to be priority number one next summer or sooner should an ideal candidate be located. We should get working on this right away.

I completely agree about John Stones; he was outstanding yesterday. He really is very good in the 'sweeper' rôle in a back three. Hopefully, Pep is bringing out the best in him..
A

Agree.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought Stones was all over the place at the start.
His backing off a player and allowing them to run at goal could have cost us big time.
Add on his long range passing being shocking for a really uncomfortable first half from him.

So is Stones a headless chicken or the new Beckenbauer?

l don't ever recall Kompany taking it easy in a City game to prioritise an International. He does not prioritise one over the other, he gives every impression of being passionate about both.
No-one is doubting his commitment, but what is in doubt are his priorities. He gets knackered on international duty & we pick up the tab & lose a vital player too.

It's been going on for years, & I for one have had enough of not being able to rely on him & it seems so have the club.

Last edited:
When Komps is fit a back 3 of Danilo, Stones & Kompany sounds best for me. Oto looks like his running in treacle, he is exposed with no fullback alongside. Not many would have caught Salah but he is being seen as the weak point now and targeted. I think if the Alves deal had gone through Bertrand would have been an option to play there but it might well be a blessing in disguise as Danilo looks the business. I like Oto in a back four more than Stones but a back 3 does him no favours.

On Saturday Pep seemed to want Mendy and Walker to push up high to take their wingers back but I don't think Salah does defending which is probably why he got hooked at half time

If the article is true, then that's his last 3 managers who've felt the same way. It only dawned on me yesterday, but Danilo could turn out to be this season's secret weapon. He's played LB, RB, CB & DM & looked like decent cover for all. I hope we have a closer look at Danilo, Mangala & Stones as possible first choices if we play with a back 3.

Knew NOTHING about Danilo prior to his signing - but currently looks a snip at what we paid in the current market.

High class utility player

A bit of forward-planning in taking into consideration his injuries and age and having lost a yard of his pace,he really should be fourth choice next season..Having him fit at this stage should be a bonus not a necessity.Ought to be playing a game a week max at this point.With or without the armband he is one of the few (if any) leaders in the squad so him wearing the armband is a non-issue.
Can't go into arguably a seventh consecutive season banking on his body holding up.
Ideally our CB options next year should be Koulibaly,Lucas H,Stones & Kompany in that order.

Jeez that is commitment to the cause,hope we win for you
The weather is really bad here but i'm down on the south coast so not sure about manchester,have fun lovely x

Well, 8,000+ mile round tripper (Fri-Mon) was well worth it, and apart from some fleeting sunny moments at the match, it pretty much pissed down all weekend! Still didn't spoil a great trip!

bd

Hopefully we get an update today from Pep on Vinnie's injury. He wasn't in the latest training gallery but are we looking at a week or 2 or longer. They always seem reluctant to discuss the length of his lay offs.

The bottom line is that after 2 years of working to get Kompany fit - he missed Saturday and he'll miss tomorrow (our two biggest games of the season so far) because he wanted to play 2 games for Belgium in 4 days. Vincent Kompany is his own man he can make his own decisions - and whilst he didn't know he'd get injured - his priorities are all wrong from the Clubs perspective. He's got a limited number of games in him - and I for one don't think Belgium vs. Gibraltar was one of those games. I don't know what Pep thinks but if I was City's coach I'd think I'd been let down by my captain - and I'd be looking for someone more obviously committed to the cause in my corner. Kompany has been great in the past but I'm not sure he's the leader we want going forward if he still wants to pursue International ambitions because I think he really does have to chose between club and country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.