New MCFC History section on Bluemoon

Catzilla said:
In total awe at the work you have done and will be ordering it after writing on the forum. The only City history books I have show key matches and yearly league outcomes. What a credit to City you are!!!

I did put all the stats in to MCFC The Complete Record in 2006 but I would urge people not to buy the version on sale now as the publisher still owes me for some of the original work and has published against my wishes (and broken copyright). Plus, of course, I've now provided all the data here for free.

Any pics of old players required I would be glad to help, I have a large collection of Cigarette cards dating from 1901 to 1939 also team groups from the same era.

Gary James said:
Catzilla said:
In total awe at the work you have done and will be ordering it after writing on the forum. The only City history books I have show key matches and yearly league outcomes. What a credit to City you are!!!

I did put all the stats in to MCFC The Complete Record in 2006 but I would urge people not to buy the version on sale now as the publisher still owes me for some of the original work and has published against my wishes (and broken copyright). Plus, of course, I've now provided all the data here for free.
DB Publishing, formerly Breedon Books in Derby?

Brilliant, a lot of hard work I'm sure.
Gonna check it out but can't be arsed right now !
Seriously, much appreciated.

LongsightM13 said:
Gary James said:
Catzilla said:

Yep!

Gary James said:
LongsightM13 said:
Gary James said:

Yep!

Never trust a sheep shagger, Gary.

Colins Bellend said:
Why were we in the Charity Sheild 72/73 73/74

Invitation. Basically either (or both) the FA Cup & League winners were unable to play due to other commitments (often tours) and so the FA invited popular/glamour teams who they knew would be keen to play.

It might not be obvious but our opponents in those games, such as Burnley or Villa, were viewed as big clubs with passionate following who would make it a real showpiece.

Villa were Div 3 Champs (yep, their fall from grace predated ours by 2 decades or so).

Edit: Worth noting that the Villa game was the only trophy Malcolm Allison won in his own right as City manager (though we all know that he was hugely significant in all City's successes from 65 to 70 before the takeover messed up our chances of success).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.