New MCFC History section on Bluemoon

Truly awesome. I was sad to see MCFCstats.com come to an unfortunate halt and this goes way beyond that.

Congratulations and thanks.

The book will get purchased at some point; might have to wait until Xmas.

Is the F.A. Community Shield runners-up 2011 deliberately missing from the honours section?

Ha, I must've unwittingly erased it from my memory. Thanks for pointing it out, I've added it now.

moon said:
Would you class the 1999 play off trophy as an honour?

Personally I dont think so as the team that finished 2nd in the league dont receive anything

That's an interesting point but, actually, in 2000 City did indeed get a trophy for finishing second in '2nd tier' Div 1. We had it on display in the old museum - it was a large plate style affair.

We do include runners-up on the honours list and all clubs tend to include play-off wins in their honours, but it is similar to winning automatic promotion in the old 3rd place system.

Runners up in the Community/Charity Shield is always an odd one as well. You sort of get that by default, but there used to be times when City competed without winning League or Cup so it makes sense.

A phenomenal piece of work.

A living history that can only get better. I can imagine that people will send you copies of photos, cigarette cards and match reports that (presuming you have the time) you can add to relevant sections.

I wonder who the 1000th first team player will be? Club should make him a special shirt!

Excellent work guys :)

Didn`t we beat this one last season?

Most home wins in a row: 16, 13 November 1920 - 27 August 1921

I make it 20(premier league) between 05 March 2011 - 21 March 2012

Or are you counting cup games too

Anyway thanks for all the effort you`ve put into this

messedupface said:
Excellent work guys :)

Didn`t we beat this one last season?

Most home wins in a row: 16, 13 November 1920 - 27 August 1921

I make it 20(premier league) between 05 March 2011 - 21 March 2012

Or are you counting cup games too

Anyway thanks for all the effort you`ve put into this

Yes you're right and it's on the list for updates.

It's also a record for the Premier League.

Fantastic work fellas.

Will try to inform mates who don't come on here.

Looking forward to Gary's new book. Already ordered it and eagerly await receipt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.