New Midfielder in January

Barry's too old for us, Cabaye would be a good fit for the short term, Garcia will never be good enough, Rodwell either isn't fit enough or Pellegrini doesn't rate him, and no one seems to rate Milner in midfield, where he could have played instead of Garcia when Navas came on yesterday.

If we don't go for someone in January then we should be looking to sign either a world class midfielder or the best English talent around, unfortunately I can't see Barkley coming to us, so we'd have to shop in Europe for a top drawer midfielder, one who could eventually replace Yaya. This signing would be the only sensible long term option to take with our midfield problems.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
SrilankanBlue said:
We need another fernandinho, well exactly that type of player.
we did, he's called Gareth Barry

apart from the fact gareth barry plays fuck all like Fernandinho
Lol at the Barry Fernandinho comparison,only on fukin Bluemoon .

Song is a good shout if available .

Same post as the Song thread. Quite clearly shows Song being statistically a better offensive player than Fernandinho and a better defensive player than Yaya but weaker vice versa.

Good middle ground there and would work very well with either Fernandinho or Yaya or even both at CM.

Stat comparisons of Song, Fernandinho and Yaya using Song's last season at Arsenal and Fern/Yaya this season so far. I preferred using Song's last season at Arsenal because it's the Premier league and also because he's been played out of position too much at Barca.

Passes per game:
Song - 66
Fern - 58
Yaya - 76

Avg. pass success:
Song - 84%
Fern - 88%
Yaya - 91%

Assists per game:
Song - 0.3
Fern - 0.15
Yaya - 0.2

Key passes per game:
Song - 1.4
Fern - 1.4
Yaya - 1.4

Shots per game:
Song - 0.4
Fern - 0.5
Yaya - 1.6

Goals per game:
Song - 0.03
Fern - 0
Yaya - 0.47

Tackles per game:
Song - 2.9
Fern - 3.4
Yaya - 1.6

Interceptions per game:
Song - 1.9
Fern - 2.6
Yaya - 0.9

Clearances per game:
Song - 1.2
Fern - 1.6
Yaya - 0.9

Aerials won per game:
Song - 0.7
Fern - 2.1
Yaya - 0.9

Stats really don't show how you were defensively. Ask any Arsenal fan and they'll tell you that he'd just fall asleep defensively and constantly let people run off him, never in the right position and a complete liability to counter attacks. I can't remember any Arsenal fan being particularly bothered that he left, if anything they seemed pretty amused that Barca were willing to pay 20mE for him

shaiomarali said:
nigel_de_jong.ashx
Get that man in now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.