New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
denk82 said:
all those kits are fucking horrible. Though Im a big fan of city blue + black. The only one I rate is below. It isnt a drastic change from our current kit. dropping the collar and adding color emblem... oh yeah, those premiers badges need to go as well :P

1b031a0e-8a65-41d3-ab18-d1c36a32c69a
I would have to buy all three of those, they're THAT nice.

dario2739 said:
Manchester1894 said:
Sheikh said:
249162_10152808364665635_9067312_n.jpg

Been told by a family member working for Kitbag that this is definitely the shirt for next season.

Is the badge the one shown above or the one here? Either way, it looks like a few prototypes created to throw the counterfeiters..

Man-City-Kit-1.png

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/04/24/images-new-man-city-201314-home-kit-revealed-images-of-new-shirt-leaked/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/04/24 ... rt-leaked/</a>

I've seen the flyer/mailshot that Kit Bag are using for our kit launch - it is definitely that shirt (no shorts or socks on it) and the main photo (of the shirt) has definitely got the shield around the badge.
It's all being kept very tight security-wise (hence no pic from me yet) however, printers have been told that even any wastage has to be destroyed - until 24th of this month, so I assume that's when they're being distributed.
I will say that the bottom of the leaflet has a mock-up of the Store at the ground, showing all windows with images of the home kit (players wearing it etc.) - however the kit is this seasons!!!
Also shown is the lettering and numbering for League and European... both of which stay the same. The reverse is a selection of training and casual wear.
The hooped shirt shown early on in this thread is listed as a 'pre-match training' shirt.

Feared as much, retro line for me next season then.

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
dario2739 said:
Also shown is the lettering and numbering for League and European... both of which stay the same.

thats odd ... Arsenal had Nike's lettering for their CL games this season, as it most of the other Nike teams i think. Remember goes i was thinking it was shit.

Kit Bag leaflet definitely shows same courier/default font for our CL shirt!

Hold up, is there a chance it isnt nike next season?! Thought that was done and dusted? Umbro all day for me then puma! Only like the odd nike shirt and i not like the look of the one thats been posted on here afew times.

dachoosen1 said:
Hold up, is there a chance it isnt nike next season?! Thought that was done and dusted? Umbro all day for me then puma! Only like the odd nike shirt and i not like the look of the one thats been posted on here afew times.

It is defiantly Nike, I think the poster has just got a little taken in by a mixture of comparing the Nike kit to previous Umbro shirts and the running joke about Puma doing our kits prior to Umbro.

dachoosen1 said:
Hold up, is there a chance it isnt nike next season?! .

Its Nike, do you not remember the big announcement?

To be honest as much as I liked the Umbro home shirts I do want a more modern European home shirt and I think that this laser blue one adds that dimension. If it were sky blue with blue sleeves it would be great.

I have nothing but praise for all our away shirts from Umbro though.

Mrmcfc said:
denk82 said:
all those kits are fucking horrible. Though Im a big fan of city blue + black. The only one I rate is below. It isnt a drastic change from our current kit. dropping the collar and adding color emblem... oh yeah, those premiers badges need to go as well :P

1b031a0e-8a65-41d3-ab18-d1c36a32c69a
I would have to buy all three of those, they're THAT nice.

Photoshop image by Zabba from this forum. Two more fools caught.

Dubai Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dubai Blue said:
Nike used to do this as well, with teams like Fulham getting the standard generic kits available to any old Sunday League team.

Fulham are Kappa?
They are now. Nike used to do it with them and quite a few lower league teams. I think they ditched them all a while back.

Adidas now, changes daily at Craven Cottage lol.

Thought I'd rummage and see the most frequent kit providers for each league as of now(new contracts added in replacing current kit maker):

Premier League

Adidas-7.
Nike-3.
Puma-3(once Arsenal's kicks in)
Macron-1.
Warrior-1.
Lotto-1.
Errea-1.
Umbro-1.
Under Armour-1.
Mifit-1.

So Nike don't have a big presence which makes you think why don't we get bespoke kits? In the Football League.

Championship:

Nike-3.
Avec-1.
Kappa-1.
Diadora-1.
Umbro-3.
Fila-1.
Adidas-4.
Mitre-1.
Puma-5.
Errea-1.
Macron-2.
Burrda-1.

Puma top here with Adidas, Nike and Umbro in close pursuit.

League 1:

Fila-5.
Puma-6.
Carbrini-1.
Surridge-1.
Adidas-1.
Nike-4.
Joma-1.
Macron-1.
Vandanel-2.
Kappa-1.
Diadora-1.

Puma lead Fila and Nike here whilst Umbro disappear and Adidas are much less noticeable.

League 2:

Samurai-1.
Tempest-1.
Surridge-1.
Errea-4.
Tag-1.
Kukri-1.
Nike-5.
Puma-3.
Vandanel-2.
Joma-1.
Fila-2.
Sondico-2.

Here Nike lead Errea and Puma, no sign of Adidas who look much more like a selective manufacturer.

This means for the entire football league:

Puma-14(19.4% of teams)
Nike-12(16.7%)
Fila-8(11.1%)
Errea-5(6.9%)
Adidas-5(6.9%)
Vandanel-4(5.6%)
Macron-3(4.1%)
Umbro-3(4.1%)
Surridge-2
Joma-2
Sondico-2
Kappa-2
Diadora-2
Samurai-1
Tempest-1
Tag-1
Kukri-1
Carbrini-1
Burrda-1
Avec-1
Mitre-1

Including Premier League:

Puma-17(18.5%)
Nike-15(16.3%)
Adidas-12(13%)
Fila-8(8.7%)
Errea-6(6.5%)
Vandanel-4(4.3%)
Macron-4(4.3%)
Umbro-4(4.3%)
Surridge-2
Joma-2
Sondico-2
Kappa-2
Diadora-2
Samurai-1
Tempest-1
Tag-1
Kukri-1
Carbrini-1
Burrda-1
Avec-1
Mitre-1
Under Armour-1
Warrior-1
Mifit-1
Lotto-1

So you can see that Adidas's market share grows considerably when you add in the Premier League, whilst Fila and Errea lose out the most. Nike, Puma and Adidas account for 65% of Premier League kits, Adidas alone 35%. Comparing to European Leagues:

Nike-34(18.5%)
Adidas-28(15.2%)
Puma-21(11.4%)
Macron-11(5.9%)
Kappa-10(5.4%)
hummel-10(5.4%)
Umbro-8(4.3%)
Joma-8(4.3%)
Lotto-7(3.8%)
Errea-6(3.2%)
Lacatoni-6(3.2%)
Jako-5(2.7%)
Diadora-4(2.2%)

You can see across Europe that Nike take a narrow lead over Adidas with Puma starting to lag, this is reflected in the percentages, adding in the Premier League there:

Nike-37(18.1%)
Adidas-35(17.2%)
Puma-24(11.7%)
Macron-12(5.9%)
Kappa-10(4.9%)
Hummel-10(4.9%)
Umbro-9(4.4%)
Joma-8(3.9%)
Lotto-8(3.9%)
Errea-7(3.4%).

It's clear to see the duopoly, splitting up the gig between them with Puma a distinct third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.