New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
joe_canada said:
This is the new Manchester City kit.

Set to be worn for the first time when the Blues take on Chelsea in St Louis on Thursday the strip is the first made by new suppliers Nike.

Officials say the simple-looking ensemble, complete with white ribbed crew neck and cuffs, nods to the club's past while 'reflecting the future'.

It features a dark blue trim which represents the colour of the socks City wore as part of one of their first ever kits in 1892.

Weighing 150 grams and made from recycled polyester it is the lightest shirt the US sportswear giants have produced.

The kit is modelled against a Manhattan backdrop by touring stars including Joe Hart, Vincent Kompany and Carlos Tevez.

Its release comes on the same day the club announced a partnership with the legendary New York Yankees baseball team to launch a new franchise in America's Major League Soccer.

Named New York City FC the franchise is expected to be in place to kick off the 2015-16 season.

City will sport the new kit in the Big Apple when they take on Chelsea again at Yankee Stadium on Saturday.

Commenting on the new Partnership and New York Tour, Tom Glick, Chief Commercial & Operating Officer said: “We are delighted to join forces with Nike.

“Having them as our new technical kit partner demonstrates City’s growing global appeal, and we look forward to working alongside Nike to build and engage our fan base around the world.

“Nike’s extensive distribution networks will ensure the Club’s presence in markets stretching from Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas and that our fans everywhere can find a wear a City shirt.

“We are also pleased to unveil our new look during our matches in New York and St. Louis this week.

“This is our third visit to the USA in the last three years, and we enjoy a fantastic following here.

“It’s an exciting time for soccer in the States, and we are big believers in its future.

“Passion for the game from fans and participants is strong and growing, and we look forward to playing a part in its on-going development.”#

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/revealed-new-nike-manchester-city-3924978

The sentence in bold is not true. The picture being used on the official site and in the Evening News article doesn't show any players modelling it.

What with the amount of time it's taken to get the launch done, and the somewhat "quick Photoshop job" feel to the official picture being used on both sites, I'm rather suspicious about exactly what the fuck has gone wrong over in New York, to stop them presenting the kit being worn by the players.

Absolute fuck up this past couple of weeks has turned into!

I didn't like last years but it grew on me even if it wasn't the best looking kit. Jury's still out on this one and it looks to be a tight fitting one my gut will look great in it lol

StMark's said:
mcfc-134586.jpg
Why not put the crest on the kit like they have there?

Why are people getting so worked up over a bloody football shirt.....get a grip for god's sake.

Shaelumstash said:
argyle said:
Shaelumstash said:
Shield - Absolutely WANK
Wrong colour blue in the badge - Absolutely WANK
White socks - WHITE SOCKS? Fuck off.

Other than that it's alright.

You've done nothing but moan all fucking week.

City's identity is important to me. We should have blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks (navy or sky blue is fine.)

I don't like white sleeves because it's not City.
I don't like blue shorts because it's not City.
And I definitely don't like white socks, because it's not City.

How hard can it be to listen to what fans actually want for the club? I'd say less than 5% would choose white socks and that embarrassing shield given the option.

Imagine them trying to launch a Rags kit with green socks. Wouldn't happen. They have red, white and black, every time. But because it's liddle ol ciddy they can fuck about and do whatever they want. Fucking shite.

Seriously

Get a fucking grip

Shield is pretty wank, but we've had lots, lots, lots worse than this.

Oh fuck, look at this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/product_details.aspx?pid=134563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/p ... pid=134563</a>

There's a "leaked" monstrosity that turned out to real. And that I would not ever wear if it were given me free with Andy Morrison's autograph on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.