new number 2 - Martinez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see Martinez at City - he's one of the "good guys" and could become a really good manager one day - but even if he was happy to take a "demotion" to assistant manager, I'm pretty sure that Pellegrini will want to bring his own tried-and-tested people with him.

Perhaps this is part of the grand scheme of things regarding the coaches position at City:

2013/14 Season Manager Pelligrini, Assistant Martinez
2014/15 Season Manager Pelligrini, Assistant Martinez
2015/16 Season Manager Pelligrini, Assistant Martinez
2016/17 Season Manager Martinez, Assistant Vierra
2017/18 Season Manager Martinez, Assistant Vierra
2018/19 Season Manager Martinez, Assistant Vierra
2019/20 Season Manager Vierra, Assistant ?

Really don't see a young, promising manager like Martinez settling for being a number 2 at this stage in his career. That said, would welcome him at City.

I think it speaks volumes for Martinez and for the City fans that under month after the cup final the man would be very welcome at our club. It would clearly be very helpful if the manager is to be a Chilean, with nearly ten years experience in Spain, to have a native Spaniard with years ans years experience of he PL. Is he still considering the Everton job?

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Perhaps this is part of the grand scheme of things regarding the coaches position at City:

Was thinking the same thing....

Similar to Rijkaard passing the baton to Pep who passed it to Tito.

notreallyhere said:
Really don't see a young, promising manager like Martinez settling for being a number 2 at this stage in his career. That said, would welcome him at City.

I don't think it will happen, but I don't think it would be a bad move at all for martinez.

What if Martinez had kept Wigan up? Then he would have stayed there right? And then maybe kept them up or even got to lower mid-table for a year or two before leaving ....to join an upper mid-table club looking to break into the top 6.
According to my Spanish friends, Pellegrini will probably stay at City 2-3 years or so, at which time he wants to follow his dream of taking over the Chilean National team job.
So if Roberto Martinez joins City as Pellegrini's number 2 and plays his cards right, he will be Boss at one of the World Football's top Club Teams in 2-3 years time.
I think that could be a tempting proposition!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:

I don't think it will take Viera that long to get the top job

Ducado said:
I doubt it, it would not be in his interests

It could well be in his best interests.

Look at it like this. What if he had kept Wigan up this season....and then kept them up another season? Then where does he go? Maybe a mid-table club looking to start nipping at the heels of the top 6?

OR...what if he is Assistant to Pellegrini for 2-3 seasons. Pellegrini wins the Premiership and CL with City and then follows his final dream and takes the Chilean National Team job.

In less than 2-3 years from now, Martinez could be well established as the Boss at one of the biggest Club's in World Club football. Think that might be tempting?

If Vieira does eventually become AM, on the plus side the extra exposure might at least help people to spell his name correctly :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.