New Number 2!

Stuuuuuu said:
I feel bad for Stuart Taylor...
Why? He gets paid tens of thousands of pounds per week for doing jack shit! I don't feel bad for him at all - i hate him! ;)

He's 30 years old, but has only played 69 games in his entire career. The ultimate mercenary. If he had any interest in playing football, he'd make a permanent move to a league 1 team or something like that. He's been happy to remain a number 2/3 goalkeeper for his entire career.

Tricky_Trev said:
Stuuuuuu said:
I feel bad for Stuart Taylor...
Why? He gets paid tens of thousands of pounds per week for doing jack shit! I don't feel bad for him at all - i hate him! ;)

He's 30 years old, but has only played 69 games in his entire career. The ultimate mercenary. If he had any interest in playing football, he'd make a permanent move to a league 1 team or something like that. He's been happy to remain a number 2/3 goalkeeper for his entire career.
I hate this idea of certain players being mercenaries. All players are in it for the money. They are doing a job and are lucky. If any of them loved football they'd play for half nothing and give away the rest to charity. They are not gods or saints. They are all just lucky enough to be good enough at a sport that pays well. They could be good at hurling or rock climbing or some other game win little or no money in it.

Stuart Taylor not nearly good enough to be a #2, how many times does it have to be said?

He was demoted to #3 at Aston Villa.

Aston Villa.

So why would he be any higher at City? Hildebrand is a class above and is still a very good goalkeeper who would be more secure if anything happened to Joe.

Why would anyone feel sorry for Taylor? This wont affect his bank account and thats what hew cares about...not regular first-team football.

Same with Timo...he wants to impress to get a contract from City. They are both keepers who are searching for the biggest possible contract they can get and they will earn more money being back-up at a bigger club than first-choice in a lower one.

That doesn't mean they will not try to do their best if Hart gets injured etc...

BlueCityfan said:
Why would anyone feel sorry for Taylor? This wont affect his bank account and thats what hew cares about...not regular first-team football.Same with Timo...he wants to impress to get a contract from City. They are both keepers who are searching for the biggest possible contract they can get and they will earn more money being back-up at a bigger club than first-choice in a lower one.

That doesn't mean they will not try to do their best if Hart gets injured etc...

Exactly, Taylor is more than happy earning loads for making up the numbers, even on that UFC video he says ''looks too much like hard work for me'' - I know its a bit harsh, but that does kind of sum the guy up. He's happy to be around and fair enough, but I wouldn't want him as second choice to Hart and fortunately it looks like Mancini won't let that happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.