New Number 2!

LoveCity said:
It's clear he likes being paid to train and has probably become a millionaire in the most obscenely easy way possible.

I very much doubt that he's anywhere near being a millionaire, to be honest. Just because we hear about some footballers taking home huge pay packets, it doesn't mean they all do. There are some who are on a more sensible wage.

timo seems a good shout for number 2 going off his wiki he's like the german version of ben foster/scott carson in that he was a young prodigy has always been in an around the international team but never quite made the final step up

on the subject of taylor he's consistently injured so i don't think we should rely on him alone

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcXgOmVOk1M&feature=related[/youtube]

Stuuuuuu said:
LoveCity said:
It's clear he likes being paid to train and has probably become a millionaire in the most obscenely easy way possible.

I very much doubt that he's anywhere near being a millionaire, to be honest. Just because we hear about some footballers taking home huge pay packets, it doesn't mean they all do. There are some who are on a more sensible wage.
Tévez gets over £10 million a year after tax... So even if Taylor gets 10 times less than Tévez he will still make 1 million a year, he's been here for a few years and I'm sure he would've only got a little less than that in the rest of his career, so I'd say the guys a millionaire (you only have to have £1 million in the bank to be classed as a millionaire)

I'd say all top 15 clubs players are millionaires tbh...

I'm so jealous ;)

keemcfc said:
Stuuuuuu said:
LoveCity said:

Tévez gets over £10 million a year after tax... So even if Taylor gets 10 times less than Tévez he will still make 1 million a year, he's been here for a few years and I'm sure he would've only got a little less than that in the rest of his career, so I'd say the guys a millionaire (you only have to have £1 million in the bank to be classed as a millionaire)

I'd say all top 15 clubs players are millionaires tbh...

I'm so jealous ;)

Doubt a 3rd choice keeper makes 1m/a year. But he has more likely made over 1m+ in his whole career.

The luxury for Taylor and Timo is also that they will travel with the squad for CL games etc...and the team sleep in luxury hotels. And eat in nice restaurants. And they get to be part of that.

I guess thats the nice thing at being second or 3rd choice keeper at big clubs. :D

i love how stuie takes being a 3rd choice keeper though. kicks back, has a glass of vodka and just goes along with it.

also, I doubt the guy makes anywhere NEAR what Joe and Shay are & were on, respectively. im sure he gets alot of free shit from the club sponsors though, thats something.

taken off another website

Timo won Bundesliga with stuttgart then went to Valencia, where he never got to play. Timo is a very skilled and experienced keeper. I do rate him. However his last couple of stops in Benfica and Hoffenheim have been a failure.

When he came back to Germany, Hoffenheim, I thought he would find his old form and pick it up again. He knows the game and is a good keeper. I think it is the confidence and motivational part that is failing atm.

He could do Jens Lehmann with his next club (be failure in another league but then rise like phoenix!!), but there is zero guarantee.

keemcfc said:
Tévez gets over £10 million a year after tax... So even if Taylor gets 10 times less than Tévez he will still make 1 million a year...

That's a big 'if' though. I very much doubt that Taylor gets anywhere near 10% of what Tevez earns.

Stuuuuuu said:
keemcfc said:
Tévez gets over £10 million a year after tax... So even if Taylor gets 10 times less than Tévez he will still make 1 million a year...

That's a big 'if' though. I very much doubt that Taylor gets anywhere near 10% of what Tevez earns.

Taylor will easily be in 20k a week. My mate delivered Concrete to tripper the other day in Cheshire an he is on 14k.

citytill1die84 said:
Stuuuuuu said:
keemcfc said:

Taylor will easily be in 20k a week. My mate delivered Concrete to tripper the other day in Cheshire an he is on 14k.

I see what you are saying - "thanks for the concrete mate, I am on £14k a week" - was that how it happened?

Motty said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Stuuuuuu said:
I feel bad for Stuart Taylor...
Why? He gets paid tens of thousands of pounds per week for doing jack shit! I don't feel bad for him at all - i hate him! ;)

He's 30 years old, but has only played 69 games in his entire career. The ultimate mercenary. If he had any interest in playing football, he'd make a permanent move to a league 1 team or something like that. He's been happy to remain a number 2/3 goalkeeper for his entire career.

I understand what you are saying, but, I do sympathize with him to an extent as it seems that City can't even trust him as a second choice, even when the previous Number 2 has gone, almost like City are saying to him he has to be third choice and is never good enough to be anything above that.

There is no seems about it. That is exactly what we are saying to him. Not saying Taylor is a horrible keeper but for a team of our quality, he is what a number 3 looks like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.