New official City website

ultimateharold said:
I was always ok to watch mets games living in manchester anyway. I doubt that the FA and SKY will ever give up the rights to individual clubs without a fight, tho I reckon they'd make more subsriptions from a tv season ticket or something. I dont have Sky, but as I cant make it to every game, would happily pay just to watch city matches.

Was happy to read this, I didn't think the Mets had any foreign fans.

ultimateharold said:
I doubt that the FA and SKY will ever give up the rights to individual clubs without a fight, tho I reckon they'd make more subsriptions from a tv season ticket or something.
It's not up to the FA. Changing the way the Premier League sells TV rights would be a decision for the clubs themselves. They need a two-thirds majority of the 20 clubs to pass something like that so it's unlikely, if you ask me.

neil jung said:
ultimateharold said:
I doubt that the FA and SKY will ever give up the rights to individual clubs without a fight, tho I reckon they'd make more subsriptions from a tv season ticket or something.
It's not up to the FA. Changing the way the Premier League sells TV rights would be a decision for the clubs themselves. They need a two-thirds majority of the 20 clubs to pass something like that so it's unlikely, if you ask me.

the majority of clubs probably couldn't afford to loose the money from sky or even have the money to invest in everything you need to stream matches properly...its usually one of the biggest earners for a club isn't it?

loving the ideas the new website though, who designed it? i bet they'll get hounded by all the clubs for one just like ours!

Glad to see a change. I don't think I can remember the site ever changing much at all.

Ric said:
Just got back from the preview of the new site at Eastlands, and it's very impressive. It pisses all over the previous site (which goes without saying, as the old one was rubbish) and is much, much better than any other team's site.

Where to start. There's a lot of quality video content on there - MCFCTV.com is being scrapped and all the content you get on there will be available on the new site, free of charge. All advertising has been removed (apart from the logos of official sponsors Umbro and Etihad) giving it a much cleaner feel.

The most impressive feature though will be the match day section. Obviously they are unable to show live footage (although they are planning to stream the first South Africa friendly free), but match highlights will be made available the day after games. What impressed most about this section was the live stats you will get during the game. Powered by Opta you'll be able to see a plethora of live data about possession and all that malarky. Also live text commentary - similar to the BBC one, but obviously concentrating solely on our game.

The online shop and ticketing system weren't live at the preview, but apparently they are going to be excellent.

Lot of integration with existing fans sites like Bluemoon too - prominent link on their site, and a bit on the homepage where there is a link to pertinent discussions going on on the forms (at the demo it was a post someone on here had made about taking Wednesday off work, can't remember who it was though).

There was a real emphasis on how the new site complements the fan sites rather than rivalling them, and they're making most of their content available to us to use which is nice

There's loads of other stuff which I can't remember, but fair play to the club. They've got it right again. The site goes live at 5am Wednesday morning, everyone in the UK should be able to access it by 6am when the domain has propagated. The shop goes live at 9am for people to pre-order shirts and try to bag one of the free Doves tickets.

Sounds good hope it looks as good as it sounds

I had a preview of the match day screen it is cool i posted the info on here a few weeks back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.