New security measure

I got stopped last year at the C**tic game at the tram stop steps (as did everyone)- I showed my ticket and spoke to the steward in my Scottish accent and he let me in no further questions. I then showed my ticket again at the Summerbee Bar and spoke to the steward there, he didn't stop me either.

Tonight I might try my best Steve McLaren :)

EDIT: I've lived in Manc 25+ years and he thought I was from Stockport....

Last edited:
Do City fans moan about everything ? City put the Leicester match on free and provided a free beer and fans moaned. Now they are trying to keep thousands of ticketless fans away from the stadium concourse and fans are moaning. If the club did nothing they would moan that thousands were stopping them getting a pint/entry. This isnt about away fans with tickets in the home end, this is about away fans without tickets forcing entry and blocking access. No one wants to see an Arsenal situation... well maybe some do, then they will have another reason to moan.

Spot on. Or they would moan that they had an away fan next to them. Or in their block. Which does not bother me (unless it's rags high fiving each other when they got Kompany sent off) .

Never got checked and barely got scanned with the wand either, they really should be doing a thorough job of that considering the world we live in right now.

That aside my gripe is with them closing the green gates outside of M1/M2 tonight. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to keep it closed on the way out tonight making everyone walk all the way around to the Mercedes garage just to get on to the new road to head back up towards Asda. It's never been done before, there's a separate fence blocking the entrance to the away side, the away fans weren't even allowed outside and it added to congestion as the entrance by the Mercedes garage was rammed and it meant it took longer for people to get away from the stadium which in turn meant the away fans have to wait longer. Absolutely absurd decision and whoever made it is surely brain dead.

Well got the tram to the etihad campus and no ticket checks whatsoever. This was around 7.15. Did they abandon them or did they never happen?
Yes we were on that one, no checks at all and the way they packed people on it must have been a health and safety breach.

went through the fencing after the youth game ( it finished just before 5) and was asked for my ticket before I could go through! Said I hadn't got one and carried on through.

The feyenoord fans were marched from town en masse , then tickets were checked, those with tickets were let in , turnstiles opened at 6pm for them
those without tickets were bussed back to town , so no cologne situation
well done city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.