New signings to be presented (Sunday 10th July)

I’m not someone who normally moans (or even posts!) but just got back from a very long day driving 300 miles with my ten year old to go to this. Have to say it was a shambles from City unfortunately.

Absolutely no queue management until an hour beforehand which meant people who had been queuing for hours had others jumping in front of them.

Absolute free for all once allowed in, so the slower people who had queued hours were left behind. My lad was crowded out immediately by grown men who refused to move. Kind of defies the point of queuing at all if they dont let you in in the order you queued in doesnt it?

Then City bring out a load of VIPs into a segregated section right in front of the stage so us idiots who had queued for hours have even more people stood in the way. Tried putting my boy on my shoulders but then people kicked off behind me (which I understand so I put him down).

Then people fainting left, right and centre due to the heat (which was forecast at least a week ago), no water supplied until it was too late, and only two poor staff members trying to do it all. Felt sorry for Natalie and Danny trying to keep it all going in the face of that.

The footballs into the crowd was utter carnage, my lad was then crushed by grown adults near fighting for them.

Danny and Natalie announced the players would then come round to sign stuff, finally my lad thinks its all been worth it, only for loads of people to climb the fence to get into the segregated area causing another crush which seemed to spook City who then sent Danny back out to say the players had gone home and wouldn’t be signing anything.

So 300 miles, 5 hours in the boiling sun for my lad (and many other kids) for that, or impressed at all City.

A free event it may have been, but you still need to manage it safely and with sone semblance of order City.

My ten year old was absolutely gutted, 300 miles, 5 hours in the hot sun with zero shelter, promises of players coming to sign stuff which were then rescinded, he barely got to see a thing.

And all the while there was an empty, coll sheltered stadium right in front of us.
Least you will always remember this day part of City’s history

I think Danny needs to read his thesaurus a bit more.
Every introduction it’s “Let’s make some noise” …
When Otamendi was here , he introduced him as the general every single time the bus turned up.

He seems a likeable guy, I just wish he would update his patter.
I hate it when people keep trotting out the same laboured words and phrases. The cunts.

This kind of presentation should be canceled.

I don't think the players enjoyed it

The fans according to poster here weren't impressed with the organisation of the event

Next summer just keep it short & simple

I’m not someone who normally moans (or even posts!) but just got back from a very long day driving 300 miles with my ten year old to go to this. Have to say it was a shambles from City unfortunately.

Absolutely no queue management until an hour beforehand which meant people who had been queuing for hours had others jumping in front of them.

Absolute free for all once allowed in, so the slower people who had queued hours were left behind. My lad was crowded out immediately by grown men who refused to move. Kind of defies the point of queuing at all if they dont let you in in the order you queued in doesnt it?

Then City bring out a load of VIPs into a segregated section right in front of the stage so us idiots who had queued for hours have even more people stood in the way. Tried putting my boy on my shoulders but then people kicked off behind me (which I understand so I put him down).

Then people fainting left, right and centre due to the heat (which was forecast at least a week ago), no water supplied until it was too late, and only two poor staff members trying to do it all. Felt sorry for Natalie and Danny trying to keep it all going in the face of that.

The footballs into the crowd was utter carnage, my lad was then crushed by grown adults near fighting for them.

Danny and Natalie announced the players would then come round to sign stuff, finally my lad thinks its all been worth it, only for loads of people to climb the fence to get into the segregated area causing another crush which seemed to spook City who then sent Danny back out to say the players had gone home and wouldn’t be signing anything.

So 300 miles, 5 hours in the boiling sun for my lad (and many other kids) for that, or impressed at all City.

A free event it may have been, but you still need to manage it safely and with sone semblance of order City.

My ten year old was absolutely gutted, 300 miles, 5 hours in the hot sun with zero shelter, promises of players coming to sign stuff which were then rescinded, he barely got to see a thing.

And all the while there was an empty, coll sheltered stadium right in front of us.

Terrible mate.

Sounds like it was organised by the ticket office.

As awful as that sounds,and i can understand your frustration,its nothing less than i would have expected at such a cheesy event.

I think you make a great point. This event should be centred around families. So if you have a family with kids /nieces/nephews/grandkids under 18, then you should be able to register for the event prior to the day so the City team then have a good idea of numbers so can cater accordingly.

I would then arrange for Man City showbags for the kids to collect at the end of the day with a scarf, small football and a poster. Even some face painting with City colours while the kids wait for the players.

Children are impressionable at this age and can be turned into life long fans through these events.

Also look at using a small section of the stadium so there is ample shelter and bathroom/food/drink facilities available.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.