New Sponsors?

My cousin loves his watches and always promised himself a Richard Mille one day.

Not too many places you can get them, the one Rafa Nadal wears was a £500k gift for winning his first Wimbledon.

He went into Bond Street last month and spent £76k - a £35k deposit.

Lovely watch, pretty heavy to wear, but what a waste of fucking money, especially as he can't afford to get a mortgage in Surrey.

He also has a Patek Phillipe £15k and a £12k Panerai.

His wife doesn't have a clue!

Richard Mille have only been going for just over 10 years and justify their price tags by using fashionable materials such as carbon fibre etc. That plus a marketing campaign that's second to none to appeal to the rich and famous seems to have paid off. A sponsorship with City would be another notch on their bedpost so to speak and perpetuate the brand. It's all smoke and mirrors if you ask me.

If I'm going to spend £50,000 on a watch, it's a solid gold Rolex for me. The value of the gold in itself will hold its value. Spending 50k on a RM you'll never get anything like your money back, whereas Rolex and other more traditional brands have built up their reputations based on quality.

But then I suppose it's like buying a Mercedes S class. If you can afford to run one, you buy a new one, which is why second hand ones are relatively cheap, pro rata.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
My cousin loves his watches and always promised himself a Richard Mille one day.

Not too many places you can get them, the one Rafa Nadal wears was a £500k gift for winning his first Wimbledon.

He went into Bond Street last month and spent £76k - a £35k deposit.

Lovely watch, pretty heavy to wear, but what a waste of fucking money, especially as he can't afford to get a mortgage in Surrey.

He also has a Patek Phillipe £15k and a £12k Panerai.

His wife doesn't have a clue!

No wonder he cannot get a mortgage. £50k on watches? F-me.

The biggest surprise to me is that he wants to live in Surrey.

Prestwich_Blue said:
City - sponsored by Jaguar. Rags - dumped by Audi and now sponsored by Chrysler. They'll be lucky to get Leyland DAF trucks soon.

Seriously, I hear that we will possibly be getting some major new commercial deals soon.
Does our owner have a stake in Ferrari too ?

bobmcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
City - sponsored by Jaguar. Rags - dumped by Audi and now sponsored by Chrysler. They'll be lucky to get Leyland DAF trucks soon.

Seriously, I hear that we will possibly be getting some major new commercial deals soon.
Does our owner have a stake in Ferrari too ?

Pretty sure HH Sheikh Mansour / AD royal family have a stake in both Daimler and Ferrari. Small percentage holdings but high value.

'Roger' Nadal plays tennis in that bleeding watch too.
Got mine for less than a tenner from amazon...looks like it cost a fair bit more too.
Not entirely convinced of time as a concept, hence not paying much for a device to record this 'concept' :)

Scratching my head over the rumoured big partner/sponser - ESPN? Disney? Apple? Abdul's?

richard-mille-caliber-watch3-004-a.jpg

£50k+ ??????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.