New Sponsors?

steveredmondsthunderthighs said:
Do you think this could be a possible tie in with ferrari where we will have our badge on the ferraris like chelsea have done

No, in particular as Sheikh Mansour sponsors the Red Bull racing team, or rather a company that his SWF holds the majority shareholding in does.

city1999 said:
Mines a timex from Argos for 20quid...
Bet mine tells the time exactly like everyone else's :)

With hands?! ;-)

Well, twice a day, anyway, right?!

Manc in London said:
Casio G-shock is a great watch. I wanted to buy one but the missus' bought me an an Accurist for my birthday.

Are you 8? Grow a set, ask her for the receipt and tell her you really wanted a G-Shock!

Oh, and a little...

"Would you like to come with me to return the Accurist and get the G-Shock I really wanted, honey? Maybe we could grab some dinner while we are out?"

....might smooth the bumps!!

If not, fuck it! It is YOUR wrist and YOUR gift!

S04 said:
Do you think this could be a possible tie in with ferrari where we will have our badge on the ferraris like chelsea have done

No, in particular as Sheikh Mansour sponsors the Red Bull racing team, or rather a company that his SWF holds the majority shareholding in does.

Really? I find that interesting if true as he owns 50% of the Ferrari racing team, he bought it the same day he bought City and the Chrysler building in NY.

not my fault! said:
S04 said:

Really? I find that interesting if true as he owns 50% of the Ferrari racing team, he bought it the same day he bought City and the Chrysler building in NY.
I know Mubadala (rather than Sheikh Mansour) had a 5% stake in Ferrari but I'm prett sure they sold that back to Fiat a couple of years ago.

ChicagoBlue said:
city1999 said:
Mines a timex from Argos for 20quid...
Bet mine tells the time exactly like everyone else's :)

With hands?! ;-)

Well, twice a day, anyway, right?!

Lol...that made me laugh!

I have had it 7 years, haven't needed to change
Battery once!!:)

not my fault! said:
S04 said:

ADIA bought the Chrysler building, not Sheikh Mansour himself..Mubadala are the ones involved with Ferrari, not Sheikh Mansour.

Abu Dhabi have enormous investments all over the world, Sheikh Mansour is just one of their "players" but of course one of the bigger.

One of our new sponsors seems to be in a bit of trouble.

DUBAI—Dubai stocks closed sharply lower Tuesday, weighed by growing concerns about the financial health of one of its main construction companies.

The main DFM index finished nearly 6.7% lower at 4,009.01 on Tuesday, after being down more than 8% intraday, and has now lost 25% in a little over six weeks. Property stocks topped the losers list, with Arabtec Holding PJSC, a Dubai-listed construction company, falling nearly 10%, extending a string of losses since the end of May.

More
Dubai Stocks Tumble: Bear Market or Correction?

Arabtec is one of the Middle East's largest construction firms. It employs around 60,000 people, according to a company spokesman, and has been involved in many of the region's biggest building projects, including Dubai's Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.

However, concern has been mounting about the group's growth strategy and ownership structure after Hasan Ismaik stepped down as chief executive last Wednesday after building up a 28.85% holding in just over a year. He said on Tuesday that he was entertaining offers to unload the stake, but was waiting for the right price.

Investors are concerned that the company will pursue a more conservative strategy after Mr. Ismaik's abrupt resignation. They have also been spooked by a recent reduction in holdings by Aabar Investments, an Abu Dhabi government-owned investment vehicle that currently owns 18.94% of Arabtec.

While Arabtec started as a Dubai-centric company, it shifted focus to neighboring Abu Dhabi after Abu Dhabi government-linked investors began ramping up their stakes about two years ago. Mr. Ismaik presided over a titanic shift in the company's business focus toward higher-margin, more complex construction work, including oil and gas construction and infrastructure.

Arabtec's order book also grew by leaps and bounds during Mr. Ismaik's tenure as it aggressively built a business in Abu Dhabi and around the Persian Gulf. One of its biggest-ever contracts was a deal to build 37 towers in Abu Dhabi, awarded by Aabar in February and assigned a value of $6.1 billion.

That said, while the losses on the Dubai stock market are hefty, it is important to point out that the emirate's stock market has been among the top risers globally since early 2013, hitting a multiyear high early last month. The index has been buoyed by a Dubai economy rebounding on the back of strengthening trade and tourism and a sharp recovery in its property prices, which had crashed some 50% in the wake of the global financial crisis. The market received another boost in May when Dubai was promoted to emerging-market status by index compiler MSCI in May.

"I think a correction was overdue. Valuations were already very overextended and let's not forget that historically markets tend to underperform in the 12 months subsequent to being upgraded by MSCI," said Fahd Iqbal, head of Middle East research for private banking at Credit Suisse. CSGN.VX -0.56%

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/July/Bank-announcement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... nouncement</a>

MCFC bank on success with new Vietnamese partnership

City seals deal with Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank.

Barclays Premier League Champions, Manchester City, are delighted to announce a new Club partnership with Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB).

Named the fastest growing Vietnamese Retail Bank by the Global Banking Finance Review, with over two million customers, SHB will become City’s Official Affinity Card Partner in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.

The ground-breaking deal will see the launch of the first-ever Manchester City Debit Card in the region, created to cater for City’s rapidly growing fan base in Asia.

Under the terms of the two year partnership, Manchester City branding, promoting the affinity card, will be present in over 400 of SHB’s branches across Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, supported by an outdoor advertising, print and radio marketing campaign.

Incorporating state-of-the-art EMV chip technology, the SHB Manchester City Debit Card is designed with fans firmly in mind. Cardholders will be provided with a multitude of money can’t buy experiences, including opportunities to meet City stars such as Joe Hart, Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Fernandinho.

Benefits for cardholders also include the chance to win tickets to watch Manuel Pellegrini’s men in action in Manchester, exclusive behind the scenes Etihad Stadium tours, signed memorabilia and discounted club merchandise.

Commenting on the partnership, Tom Glick, Chief Business Officer for Manchester City, said:

“Following a string of recent accolades, including the Most Innovative Trade Bank in Vietnam, SHB’s reputation as a dynamic, forward thinking financial institution is richly deserved. With an average growth rate forecasted at over 30% per year, over the next five years, it’s an exciting time to team-up with a partner of SBH’s calibre, throughout the region.

“We have a fantastic fan base in South East Asia, which boasts some of the most enthusiastic City supporters in the world. The SHB Manchester City Debit Card will be the first of many innovative collaborations, geared towards embracing South East Asia’s passion for football, whilst providing SHB’s loyal customers with real value and once-in-a-life-time experiences.”

Mr. Do Quang Hien, Chairman of Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank, added:

“Manchester City’s popularity and brand value in South East Asia has grown exponentially in recent years. Their success and playing style on the pitch has been embraced by millions of young up-and-coming football fans across the region, who aspire to play and watch beautiful attacking football.

“SHB is a young, modern brand which shares the same aspirations and driving ambition for success as Manchester City. We are dedicated to developing great products that provide real and invaluable benefits for our customers. The SHB Manchester City Debit Card will not only bring fans closer to the Club they support, but also the game they love.”

The partnership builds on SHB’s expanding football portfolio, where they also sponsor Vietnam’s topflight V League 1 team, SHB Danang FC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.