New striker?

Torres is the third fastest player to score in 4 consecutive CL games in history, 3 of them came as a striker.

This is not just Newcastle. Earlier in the season away at Sheffield too should have had couple as a striker.

His best performances have by far come as a striker.

In fact I don't he has had a good game as winger, maybe against Palace? Thats about it.

He scored a hattrick for Spain against Germany playing as a winger.
You don’t decide that a player who is a reserve will be in the starting XI the following season out of position based on a couple of games against poor teams. Maybe a mid table team can afford that, not one of our ambitions.

I shared in the WhatsApp group of Brazilian fans that some people here are being serious that a great Torres performance is enough to convince people that 1) he is a striker 2) also the Aguero replacement, and they can’t believe I’m being serious.
I love an overreaction so I’ll let it be. Carry on and good night

He scored a hattrick for Spain against Germany playing as a winger.
You don’t decide that a player who is a reserve will be in the starting XI the following season out of position based on a couple of games against poor teams. Maybe a mid table team can afford that, not one of our ambitions.

I shared in the WhatsApp group of Brazilian fans that some people here are being serious that a great Torres performance is enough to convince people that 1) he is a striker 2) also the Aguero replacement, and they can’t believe I’m being serious.
I love an overreaction so I’ll let it be. Carry on and good night
Let's be honest that post is bullshit. Surely then it's more impressive to score a hat trick playing out wide against Germany is it not?
Plus we don't know what Ferran is like against better opposition as a striker with City because he hasn't played as a striker against the big sides this season. But when he did play as a striker this season he has produced the goods so surely what he's based on as a striker he's a proven goalscorer.

Torres is the third fastest player to score in 4 consecutive CL games in history, 3 of them came as a striker.

This is not just Newcastle. Earlier in the season away at Sheffield too should have had couple as a striker.

His best performances have by far come as a striker.

In fact I don't he has had a good game as winger, maybe against Palace? Thats about it.

This is not overreaction, I know you want City to sign the World XI but being smart is allowed too. No guarantees Haaland would make us better as a TEAM. Just cause you have unreal individual does not mean shit necessarily
Yup. The simple fact that Pep played Torres central and Jesus out wide says that will be an option next season. Torres has exceptional hold up play and is physically strong. He's a fox in the box and frankly the kind of player we need. He and Foden are probably the most clinical of our front line. I rather wait till next summer to get Haaland when his release clause kicks in. I don't think anyone will be getting him this summer.

Is Torres now our new official Striker?. Could it be we have unearthed a gem to go with all our other jewels in the crown?.
There is something about him. You older guys will remember the great Leeds Striker Alan Clark?. I see a similarity there.
Or is it just another Clarke!.

I am a big fan of Torres and what he brings to the table, However we need to be patient still to early to say if he has the attributes to be a successful striker in our team, I am sure next season he will be given more chances and responsibility. Next season will be telling for him. Would like to see his numbers over the next 40 games and against some of the top teams in our various leagues. Only then can we be certain we have the real deal.

However that been said, he has great positioning and instinctive finishing, which besides Aguero we are severely lacking. Based on what I have seen so far and knowing Peps ability to get the best out of a player, I am confident we have good player on our hands, just how good is difficult to say.

The only thing that I would like to see more, Is him imposing his personality on a game, Currently he plays as though he is not trying to upset anybody, He is playing within himself. Confidence and that little bit of bravado that all strikers have hopefully come next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.