New striker?

It’s not the most popular option, but I’d throw a £35m tempter at Everton for Calvert-Lewin. Genuinely think he’d be enough of a target to give teams that extra facet to think about.
Renewed last summer and is under contract until 2025. In the current market, Everton would want £100m plus, so the Toffees would need diabetes inducing ‘sweeteners’!

Lewa

Forget PL strikers — haven’t we learned nothing?

I always thought Ings would be a good cheaper option as he's got a good all round game, presses and can finish.

However obviously that won't happen now.

I've just gone through the Fantasy Premier League app looking at the strikers available to see if there's any similar to Ings (a bit too good for the club they're at and could maybe do well for us stylistically).

There's none.

The only ones I considered at all were Callum Wilson (who I don't think is as good as Ings) and Pukki (scored goals in the Prem last time round despite being in a poor team). Even keeping an open mind there really isn't a lot to consider.

I think it would have to be someone from abroad.

Pukki wouldn't get in our under 13s girls team.

I always thought Ings would be a good cheaper option as he's got a good all round game, presses and can finish.

However obviously that won't happen now.

I've just gone through the Fantasy Premier League app looking at the strikers available to see if there's any similar to Ings (a bit too good for the club they're at and could maybe do well for us stylistically).

There's none.

The only ones I considered at all were Callum Wilson (who I don't think is as good as Ings) and Pukki (scored goals in the Prem last time round despite being in a poor team). Even keeping an open mind there really isn't a lot to consider.

I think it would have to be someone from abroad.
Pukki has scored 56 in 88 championship games, a goal every 1.5 games and 11 in 38 PL games, a goal in every 3.5 games. No thanks.

Pukki wouldn't get in our under 13s girls team.

Made me laugh that!

Just saying that some strikers may actually be good finishers and could do a job for us, but the team they are in at the moment doesn't allow them to thrive.

I think Pukki's ok but that's all. Mentioning him though shows the dearth of options there are in the Premier League.

There's players like Calvert-Lewin (I don't think he's good enough), but going for him would be trickier and be a bit of a Kane scenario with Everton unlikely to let him go quickly. Not someone we could get in quickly last minute. Not that we should be operating that way anyway.

I think we should have bought Dzeko back in January when we had the chance, but Watkins at Villa is a player we should be looking at. He’s a player with a lot of improvement in him and I think he could a job for us, even if he isn’t at the very top level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.