New Times article

Well done mate, I think the article is full of the sentiments shared by all sensible City fans.

Look, I respect the fact you have to keep this madhouse in order, but that article was the kind of happy to be a born loser shite that informs most of Hughes' support. I want to support a team which for one day in my lifetime will WIN SOMETHING

LongsightM13 said:
Look, I respect the fact you have to keep this madhouse in order, but that article was the kind of happy to be a born loser shite that informs most of Hughes' support. I want to support a team which for one day in my lifetime will WIN SOMETHING

I thought that, but after the 2nd full read, I realised it was not that at all.

edit: spelling

V Good article Ric.
Just like to add my two penneth if I may, I can see both sides of this latest episode. Yes I feel sorry for MH, Im sure he feels hard done by being in 6th and with the CC semi on the horizon but I also feel a bit sorry for Cook & Co.
MH has produced some great results for us but just too many not great ones.
The defence is very poor considering what it cost and we keep letting poor teams score 3 goals against us (even at home), if I had invested the $$$ Id be pretty pissed of with that situation too, if you had poured that amount of money into a defence would you want the same guy to spend more and more on it and bring in more 'dependable' prem defenders ? How many players can you have in the sqaud earning 90 or a hundred grand a year ?
Richard Dunne is not a world class CB but I think MH made a big mistake when he sold him on (to our competitors) Dunne would bleed blue blood for us and although yes, he dropped the odd clanger Im betting some of those goals v Sunderland/Bolton would not have been goals.
Im sure it has been a very hard decision for the board but fair do's to them they have acted and brought in their own man, which they were fully entitled to do after 15 months (an age in football terms).
I dont see they did a lot wrong with the sacking, RM was not at COMS Saturday as reported, and Hughes was told AFTER the game.
Theres no easy way to sack someone, even more so when its someone in the public eye and I suspect no matter how they did it, the press would have been stirring the shit in some way.

Its yesterday news now so time to move on, one good thing is, its never boring being a City fan (well maybe it was under Pearce) , imagine if you supported Boro or Bolton :)

Spot on Ric.......an excellent riposte to all the BS thats been peddled around of late!

I would like to follow this by repeating my post on the topic of why no rags have been found infesting our beloved Bluemoon...

We are now officially well on our way to greatness IMHO!!

Stage I - Bring in decent British manager to help stabilize club, buy some excellent players and take us to the next level, recruit best-in-class executives to improve everything connected to the club

Stage II - Engage a 'World stage' manager to take us to the next level, put some silverware in the cabinet and break us into the 'top 4', move over Liverpool & Arsenal!!

Stage III - Begin domination of English football for decades to come, move over Chelski and Man Ure and bring home the Premiership title to its rightful home!

Stage IV - Begin domination of European football, competing and winning the Champions League to go with the domestice trophies...move over Barca, Madrid and anybody else who gets in the way of the Blue juggernaut!!

Bring it home you Blue boys, i for one cant wait after all the years of pain & hurt, we are still here and now ready to enjoy the good times ahead of us!!

Make me proud !!

ric- i just went to the times online website to view your article, and to my suprise they have edited (deleted a paragraph and a few bits here and there).
Why is that? i liked the original piece, the edited one now seems like a mini column.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.