New Umbro posters: Drill, Home, Away, Third

boris karloff said:
Imho, It's a load of my arse.

I find it a load of arty farty nonsense, and I'm sure most people would walk passed it and never look twice.

While these so called experts in marketing are sat round a desk, "brainstorming" and trying to think "outside of the box" they're completely missing the point. (again in my opinion)

They can stick their clever subliminal messages, if they've got something to say then say it. If they've got something to show us, then show it.

Make us think of City by all means, but do it in a way that tells the tale of who we are, and not with pathetic little pictures on a derelict shop.

What's subliminal about it?

I like it, I think it is clever and will really get under the noses of the dicks in red. It reminds me of the Silk Cut ads in the 80's. Not obvious.

I think they're great. As much as I'd love to see the kits in full right now, I love the way they're building suspense leading up to their launch. Great idea.

There were changing the massive ones on the side of the stadium this morning where they had Benji and Petrov launching the previous shirts.

I love em', but how's this for straight to the point.

Pictures of Carlos Tevez, Samuel Eto'o, Santa Cruz, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry and Kolo Toure, arms all folded, Robinho in the front, with that steely look which can only say....

AND SO IT BEGINS....

Goater's Shin said:
But will Umbro and therefore City miss out on not getting the message out to your average man in the street who won't have a clue what that is, but who might buy a shirt if they saw a nice picture of some very nice kits?

Love it and will the average man in the street randomly buy a City shirt? City fans will understand and they are the ones who will buy it

blueangie said:
Goater's Shin said:
But will Umbro and therefore City miss out on not getting the message out to your average man in the street who won't have a clue what that is, but who might buy a shirt if they saw a nice picture of some very nice kits?

Love it and will the average man in the street randomly buy a City shirt? City fans will understand and they are the ones who will buy it

Ha, yeah, should've said average man in the street who is a City fan. By which i mean a casual supporter who doesn't go to matches and doesn't come on sites like this but who calls themself a City fan and would probably walk round Asda Eastlands on match day with his shirt on with no clue what was happening across the road.

As i said I'm very very glad Umbro/City aren't trying to appeal to these plastic megastore types (thats what Ushited are for) but was just making the point that it may cost them a few sales from the wider audience who will just look at those posters and go 'erm ... moon ... bee ... stripes ... drill?!' and then be shocked when they see the Tevez wearing one of the new kits on the back of the Star. The fact that they're not aiming at this JJB sports crowd and focusing on the 'inner circle' of City fans, perhaps at the expense of some of their sales, impresses me greatly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.