New York City FC Kit and Badge Thread

willy eckerslike said:
CELTICRORY said:
It seems all the American NYCFC fans are very disappointed with the kit, wanted to form their own identity and not be CIty 2.0

I was quite interested in NYCFC when first announced, but having browsed that forum of theirs a couple of times, there's not a lot of love for MCFC. Totally lost interest.

Shirt looks a bit boring too.

Don't let the ignorant assholes deter you. Myself and a few other true blues are fighting the good fight over here in NYC. Just ignore the ignorance.

moomba said:
callumcity said:
Also, I think city might have made a mistake with the colours of the kit, they just look like city's B team now and it's gunna put people off supporting them, especially when they have NY red bulls, and even cosmos there as well.

I'm sure the NYCFC fans would have been happier with a darker blue with a city blue trim, or even a white kit with a sky blue trim?

City Football Group is all about sharing a common brand, including (wherever possible) the main colours and the City name. If it puts people of supporting the club then that's just the way it's going to have to be.

I can understand the Melbourne City people being upset about a colour change, but think some NYCFC people are being a bit precious about this.

To me it's more about people struggling to reconcile their support for other English teams with their support for NYCFC. They'll get over it, or they won't.
I've said this a million times. rags, gooners & dippers have to reconcile their support of a City product and they just can't do it.

grandsolo said:
willy eckerslike said:
CELTICRORY said:
It seems all the American NYCFC fans are very disappointed with the kit, wanted to form their own identity and not be CIty 2.0

I was quite interested in NYCFC when first announced, but having browsed that forum of theirs a couple of times, there's not a lot of love for MCFC. Totally lost interest.

Shirt looks a bit boring too.

Don't let the ignorant assholes deter you. Myself and a few other true blues are fighting the good fight over here in NYC. Just ignore the ignorance.

Good luck with your quest.

To be fair I can sort of understand where they're coming from. I just wonder why NYCFC fans of other PL teams thought it would be any other way - why not choose a team not affiliated with one of your rivals. If US soccer does expand, then what will those fans do if their PL or favourite European team sets up a team in the future?

May have already been posted?

Etihad Airways has announced a five year sponsorship deal with New York City FC (NYCFC), the new Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise in the USA.

The five-year deal will see a substantial presence for Etihad Airways’ brand across the team’s playing kits, on game days at NYCFC’s first home, Yankee Stadium, and across its digital platforms.

“This is a milestone day. Our first home jersey is a huge part of our identity and we are proud that our kit and our team will be so strongly associated with a partner of the calibre of Etihad Airways,” said NYCFC's chief business officer Tim Pernetti.

NYCFC is majority owned by City Football Group, the owners of Manchester City Football Club, with the New York Yankees holding a minority stake.

Etihad are the stadium and shirt sponsors for Premier League champions City, and they also sponsor Melbourne Victory, the City Group's Australian franchise.

The Abu Dhabi-based airline was unveiled as the new football team’s principal partner at a ceremony in Manhattan, attended by Pernetti, Etihad’s chief executive James Hogan, and the club’s marquee player, Spain’s David Villa.

Former Chelsea player Frank Lampard is currently on loan from NYCFC at City until January.

Danamy said:
teddykgb said:
Really love the look of that, makes me wish Adidas did the MCFC kit.

Yeah I agree, Nike are shit
+1 Adidas are miles better, plus the white shorts and badge design are outstanding. A great kit. However, I'm not going to support a team from New York no matter how much their kit looks like City's. Sorry!

Should be in the general football forum, nothing to do with Manchester.

I was open to this new project, full attention and hoping for it's success.

However, more recently, many of the people that NYCFC have attracted as fans living in or around NY have been aggressive, ignorant and utter cunts when it's come to MCFC.

Many distasteful comments about our club.

It seems it's just one big army of people who follow an English club whilst living in the states, the clubs are typically Arsenal/Liverpool/Rags
Taking their allegiance with them into this new club (NYCFC) but they wish to disassociate anything related to us, failing to acknowledge who their fucking owners are.

There will be genuine NYCFC fans out there, but many are not doing their support any favours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.