New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

So if say in 20 years time MLS has taken off, would we become their feeder club?

The domain www.newyorkcityfc.com was registered by the MLS in January, around the same time the NYCFC trade mark was. Doesn't guarantee anything, but at least it proves the intent is there. The two games in May (finishing in New York!!) CAN'T just be a coincidence, surely? But there's no way the team would be owned by us. Imagine the financial implications for City if the franchise failed.

Blueroses said:
LoveCity said:
According to this link we may after all be buying into the MLS and getting the 20th franchise... wonder if our friendly at the Yankee Stadium will see an announcement?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/thegoalkeeper/Manchester-City-takes-lead-to-buy-New-York-MLS-expansion-team-but-theres-no-deal-yet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/theg ... l-yet.html</a>

hey how does this benefit the club? what will this mean for city or it the just another club bought by Sheik mansour?

I'm slightly baffled by what this purchase, if it was to happen means?

thanks

I'd imagine it'd help in gaining work permits etc, potential signings from Brazil etc could go play there & develop before moving to City as an example.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 pm --<br /><br />
el bee said:
So if say in 20 years time MLS has taken off, would we become their feeder club?

As long as we were dominating our own league & or Europe then I wouldn't care in all honesty.

el bee said:

i have a dreaded fear for for the future if the yanks take to football like the rest of the world. draining all the top stars to play for 'the lightnings' or 'the fire' or 'the nitewings'
having four quarters rather than two halves, or having time outs and end zones!!! [shivers]
please dont change, america. keep liking those other bonkers games you play!!

burning blue soul said:
el bee said:

i have a dreaded fear for for the future if the yanks take to football like the rest of the world. draining all the top stars to play for 'the lightnings' or 'the fire' or 'the nitewings'
having four quarters rather than two halves, or having time outs and end zones!!! [shivers]

You know you take a shot at America and all but your lot is doing a GREAT job of fucking up football all on its own. Twatini, Blatter, Ruminegge et al oh how about a World Cup in desert summers in temps over 45 degrees???

Those assholes mentioned above could learn a hell of a lot from the NFL-BY FAR the best run league in all the world.

Frank the Yank said:
burning blue soul said:
el bee said:

Well said frank, we're good - at thinking we're good! What about goal line technology? Or any technology? Winter break? Over tired players? National team that no-one (especially the players) cares about? Over priced tickets? Oh, and the football (related) violence now creeping back in, will be nicely swept under the FA carpet. No, we're actually not that good.

You know you take a shot at America and all but your lot is doing a GREAT job of fucking up football all on its own. Twatini, Blatter, Ruminegge et al oh how about a World Cup in desert summers in temps over 45 degrees???

Those assholes mentioned above could learn a hell of a lot from the NFL-BY FAR the best run league in all the world.

Bert Trautmann's FG42 said:
The domain www.newyorkcityfc.com was registered by the MLS in January, around the same time the NYCFC trade mark was. Doesn't guarantee anything, but at least it proves the intent is there. The two games in May (finishing in New York!!) CAN'T just be a coincidence, surely? But there's no way the team would be owned by us. Imagine the financial implications for City if the franchise failed.

It's a clue, sure, but it proves nothing. When companies are producing games or films they will register trademarks and such under about a dozen names to throw people off the scent and cover their backs. Could be that's happened here.

Question for Prestwich Blue and anyone else well read on FFP.

I've seen people mentioning on this thread that the main advantage of this would be NYCFC buying / loaning players to us as an FFP dodge. I don't think that's viable at all, especially with the MLS salary cap.

I think the strategy behind this is a "City" brand building exercise. I remember reading one of the clauses in FFP was that any revenue that was generated in immediately proximity to the ground (the collar site) could be counted as revenue for FFP, and also any activity worldwide that used the clubs name or branding could be counted as revenue (many people used the example of Real Madrid property development in the UAE.)

Is it possible that NYCFC could be seen as a brand extension of MCFC? Therefore any revenue it generates, shirt sales, sponsorships, ticket sales etc, could be included in our FFP accounts as revenue?

To the poster above I really doubt that NYCFC revenue could apply to ours and u've gotta realise that they aren't expected to even start playing until 2016, by then we'll have cleared ffp or be fucked miserably

Soccer in the US is growing is this is going to be a good investment for our owner. The MLS just needs to nix their salary cap or change it so the owners that have money can actually spend it and bring in quality players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.