New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

oakiecokie said:
cleavers said:
moomba said:
Decent result there.
Which was ? (lots of us not watching it)

It was 0-0 with about 12 minutes left,but I got fed up of watching something that isn`t even on par with our Championship League.
So you're probably not bothered with the final result I'm sure.

First 2 games were much better to watch.

Villa will run the league, keeper is pretty good (our new second choice and bin Willy?), that Nemec guy is really poor.

Overall its not too bad and better standard that the Aussie stuff and will be something to watch over the summer.

moomba said:
cleavers said:
moomba said:
Decent result there.
Which was ? (lots of us not watching it)
Finished 0-0. Win and two draws from the first three. Not bad at all.

I think it's pretty good.

Undefeated in their first three games for a brand new team bodes well for the future.

An impressive start. Let's hope they can keep it up.

NYCFC have been very good thus far. Particularly considering they are an expansion team. Their kits look better than City due to having Adidas as the brand. The pitch being in Yankee stadium is horrible. Can't believe they are allowed to play on a field that narrow. Villa is as good as there is in the MLS. The guy seems to really be the glue for the team making all the players better. I've enjoyed watching. Definitely my 2nd favorite MLS club behind Sporting KC.

Pokes28 said:
NYCFC have been very good thus far. Particularly considering they are an expansion team. Their kits look better than City due to having Adidas as the brand. The pitch being in Yankee stadium is horrible. Can't believe they are allowed to play on a field that narrow. Villa is as good as there is in the MLS. The guy seems to really be the glue for the team making all the players better. I've enjoyed watching. Definitely my 2nd favorite MLS club behind Sporting KC.

Blasphemy!

Stone him!

Pokes28 said:
I've developed a bit of a soft spot for the San Jose Earthquakes over the past few years and been to see them play a few times, but the City connection to NYCFC appears to be stronger than my fledgling loyalties to San Jose. I missed the Colorado game, but saw the first two and was surprised how much I wanted "City" to win. Villa obviously looks class (not so much in the first game, but he didn't get much service), and I've been impressed with Mix Diskerud in midfield.

I think it's difficult to classify MLS relative to the English leagues as the range of abilities on show is so much greater - each team has a mixture of a couple of players who might make an upper mid-table prem team, a couple who might get in a relegation threatened prem team, a couple of decent Championship players, a few lower Championship players, some League 1 and 2 standard players and a couple of pub players (slight exaggeration...). There's also a sprinkling of former stars (Villa, Kaka, Keane, and soon-to-be Lampard and Gerrard) who could be back-ups for a top prem team and play the odd cameo, but not really hold down a first team spot with any of the top 7). What this all adds up to is anyone's guess, and until someone creates a competitive tournament in which MLS teams routinely play English teams, anything between crap Premier League standard and average League 1 standard is defensible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.