New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

berniethebusman said:
Say all of this comes to light, would we be able to negate ffp by nyc signing let's say messi for laughs for an obscene amount of money then them loan him to us season after season?

No, the MLS financial and player contract setup is totally different..The league itself own the players for example, not the clubs.

S04 said:
berniethebusman said:
Say all of this comes to light, would we be able to negate ffp by nyc signing let's say messi for laughs for an obscene amount of money then them loan him to us season after season?

No, the MLS financial and player contract setup is totally different..The league itself own the players for example, not the clubs.

Thank you. I'm honestly getting sick of all the people Herr who are asking how we can cheat FFPR. We can't cheat FFPR. Any attempt we make to cheat FFPR would only result in UEFA making the rules even stricter anyway. Stop asking how we can abuse the system!

S04 said:
berniethebusman said:

How would a team in Europe normally sign a MLS player? Through the MLS? And do they set the transfer fee?

Kenney_The_Blue said:
would love it if this went through, would be a great move.

I'm wary about it, worried that the concentration on MCFC may be diluted, with efforts becoming centered on getting the 'Abu Dhabi brand' noticed in NYC and the US generally.

Is there any benefit to Manchester City from this francise? The best I can think of is that New York City FC would, via association, raise the profile of Manchester City in the USA which, in turn, could lead to a growth in interest from North American companies and potential sponsorship deals/commercial partnerships.

Danny Hoekman said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:

I'm wary about it, worried that the concentration on MCFC may be diluted, with efforts becoming centered on getting the 'Abu Dhabi brand' noticed in NYC and the US generally.
Thats why we have Txiki and Soriano and people like Tom Glick.

Matty said:
Is there any benefit to Manchester City from this francise? The best I can think of is that New York City FC would, via association, raise the profile of Manchester City in the USA which, in turn, could lead to a growth in interest from North American companies and potential sponsorship deals/commercial partnerships.

Think there would be benefits on the playing side with younger players loaned to MLS. Also players could sign for NYC from south America , and USA, with a view to transferring to us. There could also be a case for assessing coaches and coaching methods in New York first.
On a commercial side I think there is huge potential for joint commercial deals and "selling" MCFC to 12 million New Yorkers as their European club. Especially if shirts merchandise etc were similar. An ambition I think that goes back to Garry Cook when he encouraged links with New york through the Lexington Academy and The Mad Hatter.

Danny Hoekman said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:

don't think they would take their eye off the boil here, after all this is the premier league and a NYC team would be in an up and coming league with not many fans in relation and less scope than the PL.

Why can't they do both anyway? Unlimited resources, both financial and personel.. these two clubs will be run as separate organisations I reckon

blueparrot said:
Matty said:

Think there would be benefits on the playing side with younger players loaned to MLS. Also players could sign for NYC from south America , and USA, with a view to transferring to us. There could also be a case for assessing coaches and coaching methods in New York first.
On a commercial side I think there is huge potential for joint commercial deals and "selling" MCFC to 12 million New Yorkers as their European club. Especially if shirts merchandise etc were similar. An ambition I think that goes back to Garry Cook when he encouraged links with New york through the Lexington Academy and The Mad Hatter.
I'm not sure the loaning part of that would work, but I agree on the rest. The MLS, with it's draft system, and league ownership of players, is very different to your average European league. I don't even know if they have the concept of loaning players in the MLS. They loan players out, but I don't know if they are allowed to loan players in or not?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.