New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

Matty said:
blueparrot said:
Matty said:
Is there any benefit to Manchester City from this francise? The best I can think of is that New York City FC would, via association, raise the profile of Manchester City in the USA which, in turn, could lead to a growth in interest from North American companies and potential sponsorship deals/commercial partnerships.

Think there would be benefits on the playing side with younger players loaned to MLS. Also players could sign for NYC from south America , and USA, with a view to transferring to us. There could also be a case for assessing coaches and coaching methods in New York first.
On a commercial side I think there is huge potential for joint commercial deals and "selling" MCFC to 12 million New Yorkers as their European club. Especially if shirts merchandise etc were similar. An ambition I think that goes back to Garry Cook when he encouraged links with New york through the Lexington Academy and The Mad Hatter.
I'm not sure the loaning part of that would work, but I agree on the rest. The MLS, with it's draft system, and league ownership of players, is very different to your average European league. I don't even know if they have the concept of loaning players in the MLS. They loan players out, but I don't know if they are allowed to loan players in or not?

You may be right I have no idea what the MLS rules are for loaning players, but if it was possible I think it would be a much better standard for testing players than the EDS.

It's a way of generating major revenue. Assuming they are part of the 'MCFC Family', any revenue that is directed towards them would automatically be our revenue. Sponsorship deals, tv receipts, merchandise sales etc - a very elegant way around FFP.

I can see Garry Cook / Tom Glick heading up the executive team. Both obviously with strong knowledge of the US market and well versed in the 'City' way. I know Khaldoon still really rates Garry and was gutted to have seen him leave.

Hung said:
It's a way of generating major revenue. Assuming they are part of the 'MCFC Family', any revenue that is directed towards them would automatically be our revenue. Sponsorship deals, tv receipts, merchandise sales etc - a very elegant way around FFP.
not at all its not us buying them its just we will have the same owner , any money they make will be his it will go to him and couldn't be included in our accounts its not mcfc buying the franchise its the sheik sometimes people forget there is a difference

Shaelumstash said:
I can see Garry Cook / Tom Glick heading up the executive team. Both obviously with strong knowledge of the US market and well versed in the 'City' way. I know Khaldoon still really rates Garry and was gutted to have seen him leave.

Garry Cook is head of The UFC in UK still, no?

Which ADUG does have a stake in.

uwerosler28 said:
Hung said:
not at all its not us buying them its just we will have the same owner , any money they make will be his it will go to him and couldn't be included in our accounts its not mcfc buying the franchise its the sheik sometimes people forget there is a difference
They could easily be a wholly owned subsidiary of MCFC which in turn is owned by Sheik Mansour, and remember that Uefa would have no legal right to decide "Fair market value" on any sponsorship deals signed with an American subsidiary

UlsterCitizen said:
uwerosler28 said:
Hung said:
They could easily be a wholly owned subsidiary of MCFC which in turn is owned by Sheik Mansour, and remember that Uefa would have no legal right to decide "Fair market value" on any sponsorship deals signed with an American subsidiary
they could be but there not going to be mcfc are NOT buying a soccer franchise in new york , our owner is to further raise the profile of abu dhabi not to pump more money into mcfc

uwerosler28 said:
UlsterCitizen said:
uwerosler28 said:

they could be but there not going to be mcfc are NOT buying a soccer franchise in new york , our owner is to further raise the profile of abu dhabi not to pump more money into mcfc

You now this as a FACT or is it your opinion?

UlsterCitizen said:
uwerosler28 said:
UlsterCitizen said:

You now this as a FACT or is it your opinion?

It was said on the radio earlier that the NYCFC project was only one of four possible "partnerships" with MCFC. Obviously NY, but also Shanghai & two other locations I've forgotten!
It was also said they'd be branded as we are it's the same colours & similar badges etc, all would obviously have the name 'City' in their titles. Now if he bought them under ADUG who solely own City then they could use accounts, investments etc etc between all of the clubs in that group.

Hung said:

que ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.