New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

Might be true then

It would spread the 'brand', tie in with Nike and maybe tie in with the Chelsea Friendly

Also, we now have another CITC soccer pitch in Washington so maybe we are laying foundations ?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=273790&hilit=new+york+city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=273790&hilit=new+york+city</a>

Rumours were quashed by "City sources" (though not officially via the website IIRC) a few months back.

Oh well,
thought it would be a more interesting thread than grown men actually worrying about what style kit we have next season.

we can all go mad buying the new one in august, only for the price to start dropping just after Chrismas, as it always does.

Yawn

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thescore.ie/no-party-in-the-usa-man-city-dismiss-mls-franchise-rumours-717377-Dec2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thescore.ie/no-party-in-the- ... 7-Dec2012/</a>

Rumors aren't true city shut them down pretty quick

Kevcod said:
Oh well,
thought it would be a more interesting thread than grown men actually worrying about what style kit we have next season.

we can all go mad buying the new one in august, only for the price to start dropping just after Chrismas, as it always does.

Yawn

Hey, I gotta agree. I hope that City do stuff like this in the future, and I love discussing it. It's just that unfortunately it is water that has already been trodden.

Kevcod said:
I've heard from a reliable source that there will be a new francise team in the MLS and it won't be New York Cosmos as seemed likely, it will be a team connected with us, called New York City.
They person who told me had no reason to make it up, and neither have I.
Be great though.

Looks like the Cosmos are up and running.
<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/york-cosmos-explain-reasoning-behind-091200507--mls.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/york-cosmo ... --mls.html</a>

The next MLS franchise is probably going to be in Miami, with another very recent rumor that someone with BIG money is looking into an ORLANDO franchise. That would create a Florida rivalry and would be a great location for all those international vacationers from the UK and Brazil to stop by for a little action.

ChicagoBlue said:
The next MLS franchise is probably going to be in Miami, with another very recent rumor that someone with BIG money is looking into an ORLANDO franchise. That would create a Florida rivalry and would be a great location for all those international vacationers from the UK and Brazil to stop by for a little action.

Hope they have more success than the Fusion v Mutiny "rivalry" then tho' tbf some of those games were pretty tasty. Was a Fusion s/t holder bitd

ChicagoBlue said:
I think any sports team in Miami would be a disaster..I really do think Miami is the worst sports town in America..literally. The dolphins has empty seats all over the place the marlins play in a empty stadium every night and they don't even sell out when the heat get Lebron wade and bosh on the same team..they are a disgrace to sports..u think bolten is bad? Go to any Miami game

eddiemarin09 said:
ChicagoBlue said:
I think any sports team in Miami would be a disaster..I really do think Miami is the worst sports town in America..literally. The dolphins has empty seats all over the place the marlins play in a empty stadium every night and they don't even sell out when the heat get Lebron wade and bosh on the same team..they are a disgrace to sports..u think bolten is bad? Go to any Miami game

Went to very first MLS Miami Fusion game, 21,000 sell out with 3,000 locked out. By mid season it was around 11-12,000 and went downhill 'till they pulled the plug. Lived in Miami Beach for 5 years and the general consensus was that there too much else to do. Reckon UM got the biggest crowds of all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.