New York - Mad Hatter 7th December v Southampton

S04 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Posting this from the Mad Hatter on my. 5th pint!
A great morning / afternoon - maybe 60 / 70 Blues here, many ex pats still with the accents! ,
Met a few BlueMooners including Mr Aguia and sold 15 books - which is good as we only had 16 with us!
We raffled off 3 Teenage Kicks posters signed by most of the team, Tony. Book and Glyn Pardoe as well as me and Andrew.
Proceeds from the raffle went to charities supported by the NY Blues.

We had 2 special guests join us, David Boyd - scorer of the1st City goal in the 2nd leg of the final - and (totally unexpected) Ferran Soriano who (and I had no idea who he was) is City's CEO (I thought it was still Chris Bird ;)
He has happy to sign copies of the book :)

You had no idea who Soriano was?..

No.
Never heard of him, didn't know his name or hat he looked like. When I was told I thought it was one of the two blokes who got rid of Mancini (Taxi someone and some other bloke). Andrew then told me he is the ''new Gary Cook''.
I'm 50 and no longer take too much interest in what (or who) is going on behind the scenes.
I liked his approach anyway, total anonymity, sat at the bar watching the game, left via a few handshakes, not fan fare etc.

He is one of the New blokes MES! It's tiki and ferran. To be fair, I was sat in the same bar as you and didn't notice it was him for 45 mins!

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
S04 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Posting this from the Mad Hatter on my. 5th pint!
A great morning / afternoon - maybe 60 / 70 Blues here, many ex pats still with the accents! ,
Met a few BlueMooners including Mr Aguia and sold 15 books - which is good as we only had 16 with us!
We raffled off 3 Teenage Kicks posters signed by most of the team, Tony. Book and Glyn Pardoe as well as me and Andrew.
Proceeds from the raffle went to charities supported by the NY Blues.

We had 2 special guests join us, David Boyd - scorer of the1st City goal in the 2nd leg of the final - and (totally unexpected) Ferran Soriano who (and I had no idea who he was) is City's CEO (I thought it was still Chris Bird ;)
He has happy to sign copies of the book :)

No.
Never heard of him, didn't know his name or hat he looked like. When I was told I thought it was one of the two blokes who got rid of Mancini (Taxi someone and some other bloke). Andrew then told me he is the ''new Gary Cook''.
I'm 50 and no longer take too much interest in what (or who) is going on behind the scenes.
I liked his approach anyway, total anonymity, sat at the bar watching the game, left via a few handshakes, not fan fare etc.

You know that he was the "Gary Cook" of the Barca that became the best team in the world?
But he´s also CEO of NYCFC and got an office on 600 3rd Avenue with the rest of the NYCFC guys, that´s why he´s in New York so much..

S04 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
S04 said:

No.

You know that he was the "Gary Cook" of the Barca that became the best team in the world?
But he´s also CEO of NYCFC and got an office on 600 3rd Avenue with the rest of the NYCFC guys, that´s why he´s in New York so much..

Again, I didn't. Sorry, but since moving away from Manchester I care less and (hear less) of the hangers on and fly by the night directors of football / CEO's / other shite titles / high salaried executives and just concentrate on those playing on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.