New York

Came back from here 2 weeks ago. Amazing place get mithered a bit off people but nothing you wouldn't see abroad or at home.

Times Square is really busy at night first thing in the morning doing anything like that or Brooklyn Bridge is your best bet. Stayed close to Times Square myself and was pretty good.

We did a week there in January years ago. Yes it was snowing, and yes it was feckin' cold. But dress for it and you will still have a great time. As said elsewhere, you won't have the huge queues for things as in the summer months.

Also been there in early September, and it was stiflingly hot and humid, and the streets/subways just stank with it to be honest.

One thing it isn't though, is remotely a budget trip. In most places in the US, it is expensive to eat and drink out nowadays, but NYC takes it to another level. Hotels too aren't cheap, and if they are, it'll be for good reason. Avoid, and pay as much as you can afford for a decent place.

I stayed midtown which was close to Grand Central Station and Empire State Building. Could walk to a lot of places from there.

We went April time and the weather was Fantastic.

if you can afford it, go for 5 days. Loads to see and do.

Been several times at various times of the year.
Stayed in the Stewart hotel (opp. MSG) last few times on account of cost & location. Try travelzoo/kayak/travel republic - cheapest deals tend to be had months in advance rather than weeks imo. Enjoy.

I stayed midtown which was close to Grand Central Station and Empire State Building. Could walk to a lot of places from there.

We went April time and the weather was Fantastic.

if you can afford it, go for 5 days. Loads to see and do.
Went in March once, first 3 days it was -12 degrees with a mega wind chill, on the 4th day (we played Blackburn in the FA Cup) it was + 16 degrees and although not quite tee shirt weather it was very pleasant. Never known a fluctuation in temperature like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.