New York

hoping to go in January for 4 or 5 nights.
Any recommendations on where to stay? Best place to get a cheap deal?

It’s been on my bucket list for years.
Citizen M Hotel near Times Square is around £250 a night normally but my mate has just booked pre Cruise in early Jan for around £135 a night. If that’s within your budget I’d recommend, stayed there Nov 17, great hotel. Be very wary of cheap hotels in NYC, even though it’s a pretty safe City there’s still some dodgy places.

I've always stayed in midtown and never found hotel prices that expensive considering you're in one of greatest cities (IMO) on Earth.

Last time I stayed here:

https://www.nycsalisbury.com/

Great prices in Jan considering it's location.

Last edited:
I had a friend, went to New York and never came back, got a job as a construction worker, applied to stay and is still there.

hoping to go in January for 4 or 5 nights.
Any recommendations on where to stay? Best place to get a cheap deal?

It’s been on my bucket list for years.
Best City in the world for me. We stay in Greenpoint in Brooklyn every time we go, incredible views of Manhattan and only one stop on the subway. The Box House Hotel is my favourite, stayed there for a week last February. From memory was £500 for two of us

The most beautiful city in the world in my opinion, I lived there for a while. It's crazy cold in January but you will still have a great time. I'd recommend going to a NBA game if you can and keep in mind that you shouldn't walk out of the tourist areas at night. Unfortunately I was robbed twice while I was there. The subway is also a very unpleasant place at night

Did it over Christmas a few years back, out on the 23rd Dec back on the 28th, as most have said it was bloody freezing, whatever you pack take an extra jacket, jumper, hat and gloves. Still brilliant though, we did all the usual attractions, ice hockey at Madison Sq, show on Broadway, make sure you plan before you go so you can make the most of it, we got a good deal with flights and hotel package, worth shopping around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.