Newcastle (a) post-match thread

I think the mental battle of last season has definitely taken its toll on the players. The fans have also suffered as well and it’s like we all need 6 months off football to re charge.
Well we bought new players who were suppsoed to re=charge City but they flopped.

We also have young players who could have the same effect. pep refuses to play them.

Our defending is especially poor.

Where would we be had we brought in Foden for Silva and Garcia for laporte? I reckon we'd be a lot better off, but that is with the benefit of hindsight.

We don’t seem capable of keeping the ball anymore. We’d score and then spend the next 5 minutes toying with the opposition to kill any reprise. It was a common theme come 65 mins for de bruyne or Silva to just kill the ball dead on the half way Lin e and then we’d string together 20-30 passes before starting up again. We don’t seem to get more than 4 or 5 before losing it now.

We won't win the league this season but I always think you can measure truly great teams by how they respond. So if we can't win the Champions League let's win the FA Cup or the League Cup. If we end up with only one trophy (or none) then we accept it and move on to next season when we go again. I hope us City fans never become as self-entitled as our rivals in Trafford and Merseyside.
Well said, a shining beacon amongst a sea of doom and gloom, let’s not forget how privileged we are.

I know it’s not all down to one player, it’s a team game after all, but Mendy offered nothing either in defence or attack today , yes he’s had bad injuries since we signed him, but how much time does he need to start being beneficial to the team, struggling to see when or where he’s going to benefit us.

Ever since Mancini turned up we have seemingly operated on what I call the 'hundreds and thousands' approach to finishing. We will always create more chances than the opposition. The problem this season is that we are defending like shogdite! We would have won that game 2-0 in past seasons. Where's Yaya when yer desperate?
Don't open that can of worms ffs......... ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.