Newcastle (A) | Post-Match Thread

Carson - Not much he could do about the goals and unlucky that his penalty save rebounded to their player

Walker - He's very good when he keeps it simple. Less so when he tries to be too clever.

Cancelo - Good going forward (when not being careless) but pretty poor defensively but we knew that anyway.

Garcia - Didn't really seem to really do much defensively but ok on the ball. Our defence always struggles when he plays.

Ake - Tried to do the right thing but just didn't work for him today.

Rodri - Usually tidy but occasionally dwelt on the ball a little longer than necessary.

Gundogan - Seems to have lost a bit of his attacking mojo but as usual tidy in possession and wasn't busting a gut.

Bernardo - Kept things ticking over nicely without exerting himself too much.

Sterling - Just really doesn't seem to offer anything other than passing the ball infield. Anything more adventurous and he just loses it so easily.

Jesus - A better right winger than CF.

Torres - A better CF than right winger.

A weird game really and one that we should have won more comfortably than we did. No real incentive for either team but it was an entertaining game nevertheless. Mainly because our defending was so poor probably!

Excellent game from Torres and probably should be the first off the bench if we need a goal. Could even get a start in the CL if we have any injuries to forward players. Sterling's struggles continue and he must be behind Torres now in the pecking order.

3 or 4 likely first team players (and a couple of possible subs) got a run out to keep them fit and match sharp, which I guess was the main purpose of the game. I expect something similar, balance wise, against Brighton but with different first 11 players getting a run out.

Fallen off a cliff more like. I watched him closely tonight and his form is abysmal. Maybe he needs a long rest this summer. Or maybe he needs a new challenge?.
I don’t think he needs a run of games on the bench I think he needs a run of games in the stands to make him realise where he stands at the moment.

I like Sterling and was happier than most when he turned his England career around and shut up a lot of critics but at the moment there is no defending his appearances.

He’ll go to the euros and probably start but He won’t deserve to

Was good to just sit back & enjoy the game for what it is, without the usual stress. That comes in a couple of weekends.

Usual bullshit with VAR, they've really got to fix that in the off season. It's criminal how poor it is.

Torres is a special talent. Lad could be anything. Gundogan is almost our player of the year and the PL player of the year if it wasn't for Dias.

A few others did themselves no favours with the Final coming up, but as a whole was a entertaining 90 minutes so can't complain to much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.