Newcastle (A) | Post-Match Thread

Pep literally started Scott Carson in goal. That's how little he gave a shit about this game. And yet people still act as though how we played matters to him.

He knows his team for Porto, barring injuries. And he knows his plans for next season.

They won't be determined by a game in which Scott Carson played.
Carson is a member of that team,and has his own part in success, I like see him playing today.... for next season, I can't see Sterling or Ake in Etihad for a long time with this performance....as for C.L final,I pray for KdB ...

Yep. Great fun if you don’t give a fuck about the result and not arsed about us winning or losing. Carson in net was a touch I suppose but other than that we should’ve gone stronger.

You have to deserve your place in this team and I don’t see how Sterling deserves to play when we don’t necessarily need to rotate
Tbh I never at any point thought we were going to lose that game.
I doubt Pep takes any decisions lightly and there will be valid reasons for each of the starting 11 to have played.
I trust him implicitly even when I disagree with one of his decisions.

Is Ferran Torres our new main striker for next season?

A strange match. We played well apart from a poor 15 minutes, but managed to leak 3 goals. There was nowt we could do about the header after Aké was caught underneath the ball. Both penalties were unfortunate I thought, but we recovered well to set an English football consecutive away win record.

What can I say about the hattrick hero? All three goals were world class, & Torres certainly seems more effective centrally than he does out wide. It'll be interesting to see what we do in the summer in respect to replacing Aguero.

It was a good entertaining match between two teams playing without pressure, & it was a good touch by Pep giving Carson his debut, & probably last ever appearance in the Prem. Another three points, with two more to go.

Can anyone tell me where Jesus is meant to be playing?
Hes either nowhere near the goals or on his arse
Really disappointed in him and Sterling yet again tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.