Newcastle (A) | Post-Match Thread

The pair worked harder than anyone against Newcastle, they were certainly not coasting

Only Rodri has made more appearances than Raheem this season. Jesus has made more than KdB

Nobody is dropped, the squad is rotated so that everyone is approaching100% when they play

Everyone is a squad player, The highest number of appearances is Rodri (51), The lowest is Ake (13) and Aguero (18) both of whom have been injured, everyone else has played at least 20,most over (30) Raheem (47) Jesus (39)

They all could leave of course, but why leave City for a team of lesser ability when you get to play at least (39) times in a season and win trophies, get paid well and work with an amazing coach.

A good offer for a player at his peak, what like £100m, maybe more. Then replace him with who exactly?

He has 14 goals from 47 appearances, that is almost 1 every 3 games. Mahrez has 14 from 45, almost similar numbers, Raheem has 9 assists, Riyad has 7. Riyad is perceived to be having a great season, but you think Raheem is not. Yet the stats tell a different story.

We do not play with a striker, we haven't nearly all season and are doing OK. Why change it?
Brilliant

the reason we played without strikers is because we did not have one ? both injured

i understand its a squad game and rotation is used but the big games like champions league. sterling and jesus have been dropped to the bench because they are not good enough and miss the big chances this team create when it matters. you need to be clinical in champions league and in the big games ? only aguero can be put in that bracket

haaland kane mbappe all could be available in the summer and manchester city must be right in there for 1 or 2 of them. not just because of aguero leaving but because we can not let the others improve with them in there teams

manchester city are at the level that you can not carry anybody. loyalty goes out of the window. you have to bring something to the table that makes a difference in big games. sterling and jesus have had plenty of chances to grab that place and nail it down but sadly fluffed it

The reason we’ve played without a striker by en large since Christmas is because it’s the only way Foden, De Bruyne & Mahrez can all play.
Each time De Bruyne has replaced Bernardo in a deeper role we have looked just as shit as we did for the first 3 months. By accident or design, we have devised a system that controls the game in a way we’ve not seen.
De Bruyne is far too effective to leave out, but the team shows so much more control both in defence and attack with Bernardo & Gundogan in the 8 position.

the reason we played without strikers is because we did not have one ? both injured

i understand its a squad game and rotation is used but the big games like champions league. sterling and jesus have been dropped to the bench
This is just not true. Look at the stats

Only Eddy(11), Bernardo (12), Gundo (11), Riyad (11) and Foden (12) have more starts than Sterling. Sterling has the same amount as Dias, Rodri, Stones, Walker, (10) out of (12) games. KdB has only (7) starts

Jesus has (6) but he has been injured. Aguero (6) but he has been injured. They have scored 4 goals between them, the same that Torres has scored from (6) games.

I would go more in depth and see who started after what game as maybe playing a big game on a Sunday means less chance of starting a midweek CL game to see of there is a pattern, but I cant see how that makes a difference.

Pep i am sure plays an 11 according to fitness, form, opposition tactics. Thats why the squad looks happy, they all play a part as my previous post showed.

Having just re-watched the game I did notice that we were quite lax when they took their 2nd penalty. Seemed to be only Garcia that was running back trying to get to the rebound off Carson's save. Hope this was noticed and mentioned in post-match briefings. Something like that could be crucial in tight games.

Generally the whinging comes from people whose understanding of football is on par with that of a house brick. They are the sort of people who would look at the Mona Lisa and complain about the frame.

Ake has struggled with injury and it takes time to adjust to a new team, some of the criticism I have read levelled at him is the sort of stuff dads shout at kids from the touchlines of junior football games. He was superb for Bournemouth week in week out, he is a good footballer and he defends properly. He was unlucky with the penalty because I didn't think it was a penalty and without VAR the flag would have gone up and the challenge never made anyway. He will be disappointed with his first season, but there is much more to come from him and we need 4 top quality centres, two right sided, two left sided and now we have them.

As for Raheem, his form has dipped, it happens, but he doesn't hide, he doesn't whinge, he works really hard and is always a threat even if at the moment his end product is not quite up to the standard he has set. He will come again, he is too good not too. The talk of selling him is ridiculous, every player in the world has dips in form, because they are human beings not robots.

This is an outrageously accurate post and something that echos my thoughts entirely. I wish I could have stated my thoughts as well as this.. but I’m far too lazy and besides, you have done it for me, so I doff my cap at you sir. Especially like the Mona Lisa reference as when you see it for the first time in real life the frame is surprisingly clunky ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.