Newcastle (a) Pre-match Thread FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it will be a deja vu sort of match, they’ll sit deep and try and hit us with pace on the counter. It worked for Chelsea, United, Spurs and Wolves who all have quick forwards and good finishers. They have Saint- Maximim who looks like a quick and clever player, Ritchie who is hit and miss and Almiron who looks good in patches. Joelinton hasn’t any consistent goal scoring form yet.

They certainly have the forwards to trouble us but as ever it will depend on us, which City team turns up. The side that played Arsenal or Chelsea?

Team selection is critical, Gundogan can’t play as an 8. When he plays there our intensity levels drop. When he plays as the holding midfielder we’re usually ok but as an 8 he‘s too passive. He lacks Silva’s control, KDB’s aggression going forward, Bernardo’s work rate and Foden’s movement. He has all the abilities but doesn’t seem to have the same drive as the others. He’s an excellent passer but seems to lack the killer instinct which is a shame.

I think this will be an entirely different game to Chelsea the other night. I think that Pep will tell his midfielders to sit somewhat deeper, knowing that Newcastle have no option but to sit deep in their own half (the last third of their half?) and rely on the break. Why should we take it to them? No, let's sit back a bit for once and draw them out, even if it's not our natural game. We're pretty good at hitting on the break ourselves. We should have scored the other night against Chelsea in a sublimely incisive four-pass break.

Can see it now a long ball over the top for
Saint - Maximin to chase, pulls the cross back to Almiron 1-0

I think this will be an entirely different game to Chelsea the other night. I think that Pep will tell his midfielders to sit somewhat deeper, knowing that Newcastle have no option but to sit deep in their own half (the last third of their half?) and rely on the break. Why should we take it to them? No, let's sit back a bit for once and draw them out, even if it's not our natural game. We're pretty good at hitting on the break ourselves. We should have scored the other night against Chelsea in a sublimely incisive four-pass break.

That would work, as long as they aren’t playing for a draw. aka penalties ;-)

Can see us losing this due to us looking dead on our feet at the end of Thursday night's game. Three days rest is fuck all especially coming off three previous games in seven days, and talk of us having a big squad to compensate is bullshit. Can't see Kev playing again as he was blowing badly on Thursday, save him for the scousers. I'd go : Ederson, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Otamendi, Garcia, Rodri, B.Silva, D.Silva, Foden, Sterling, Jesus.

Subs: Carson, Laporte, Walker, Mendy, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sane, Mahrez, Doyle

Newcastle 1 City 0
That is a shit prediction,even for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.