Newcastle (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Sane has been poor for a while”??!! Wtf he played very well against spurs and Swansea, didn’t play against Leicester, seriously where the fuck do you get that idea from?!
No, I agree. Spurs game aside I think he's looked lacklustre and sometimes lazy for a few months now. He was incredible against Tottenham but didn't actually play against Swansea. Hasn't scored since late October, personally I think he needs a few games off to regain his form and Bernardo has looked excellent recently with a goal and three assists in the last eleven days.

I would play a team with just a couple of changes. Should still be enough.

Ederson
Walker Otamendi Mangala Delph
Fernandinho
De Bruyne D. Silva
Bernardo Aguero Sterling

Last edited:
Hey Team, any one know what is up with our GK coach xabier mancisidor?? Is he off ill?? Has not been seen for a while and Richard Wright has taken over his duties for a few games....
He's had knee surgery (I think), will be back with us soon though.

The propaganda is potentially the danger that comes from a hidden complacency that arises from a run like this. The players and staff constantly talk about taking one game at a time and striving for continuous improvement. To date this has worked confidence is sky high and team spirit has gone beyond the galaxy. But as with everything there is a limit to this and in fairness Pep is aware that this is the case. We need to see how we respond to a setback and one before the dippers would be a good acid test to see how we respond. Of course I would love to see the run continue to 23 26 games or until we have won the league and that would be an amazing achievement. If that happens you can come on and call me whatever the fuck you want because I would only love to be proved wrong.
I think we'll drop our first points at Crystal Palace

as a city fan of 60 years or more, i am reluctant to predict a win for us, despite our unprecedented run of victories, our superlative football, our ability to deny the opposition the ball, the magic of Merlin, KdB's impersonation of Colin the king, the ability of Pep to gold-plate already gifted players, the team spirit that is such a joy to behold, all this and more, and yet, and yet.......... the ghosts of past disappointments still whisper, ( milburn, ricky fkn villa, david pleat et al) . Logic says we will be too good to lose to a team that that is staring down the barrel of relegation, and looking for a buyer, but but........ ah sod it, 5-0 to city

——————————— Ederson ———————————
——————— Nico —————— Mangala —————
Kyle ————————— Dinho ————————— Zin
——— Bernardo ————————— Ilkay —————
———————————— David ———————————
———————— Kun —————— Gabby —————

That’s the team I would put out for this. It rests Delph (he needs a breather), Vinny (he can’t play two games in four days), Kevin (also needs a ly down), Raheem, and Leroy. We allow Kyle and Aleks to create the width with Dinho dropping in as the centre defender when in defense, Bernardo alternating from RM to CM in defence-to-attack transitions (and vice versa), Ilkay making late runs in to the box and playing intricate triangles with David, Kun, and Gabby in and around Newcastle’s box. After 70 minutes, when the magpies’ wings have tired (and they are likely chasing the game at home), we can switch out Bernardo for Raheem, one of Kun or Gabby (whoever has had the more “off” day) for Leroy, drop David into the deeper CM role, and then have a field day playing through balls to our onrushing attackers. The initial setup will be especially effective against their rather lethargic midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.