Newcastle (H) Post Match Thread

He was tested on several occasions & lost badly.

No reflection on him, he's a kid being played out of position, & unlil he got tired later in te game, his football was slick.

But when exposed defensively, at this stage of his career, he is way behind Kolarov.
I thought he performed very well today. His defensive duties may have went slightly amiss, I hardly noticed that with Newcaslte's lacklustre attack but he looks a very tidy player and under Pep's tutelage he looks like he be an excellent player for us.

I thought he performed very well today. His defensive duties may have went slightly amiss, I hardly noticed that with Newcaslte's lacklustre attack but he looks a very tidy player and under Pep's tutelage he looks like he be an excellent player for us.

He was mostly excellent, but on the occasions it went wrong, he was Stephen Jordan.

Wud luv it. It is mop top though.

Merlin cushioning the ball with his magic leftie for Edin to score the 6th at the swamp.
I would take him just about to step out of being surrounded by three nondescript defenders in the exact same orientation as “the great escape” against Everton.

That summarises his magical ability and what he has brought more than anything to the club.

Nevertheless, regards mate. I like your posts, you shoot from the hip and I find your posts honest and intelligent.
I would take him just about to step out of being surrounded by three nondescript defenders in the exact same orientation as “the great escape” against Everton.

That summarises his magical ability and what he has brought more than anything to the club.
Captured that ball like a butterfly and then released it's perfect path for release into nature. A beautiful moment in time.

Zinchenko had a fantastic game but at the time I thought he’d been badly caught out for their goal

But having seen it again it was a great pass by the newcastle player so no blame attached
He was also hung out to dry a bit by the screw up in midfield that gave the ball to Newcastle in the first place.

Reading some of these posts about Z...geez. I thought he was amazing in 1st half and fine in the 2nd. Some of you could watch LeBron score 50 on 20-30 shooting and would be on here moaning about how shit the 10 misses were.

I saw a stat today - maybe a Twitter - if that is the right 'term' about David Silver - who had completed so many games consecutively on the winning side -
Was it 23 - a record that beats any other since 1888 - beginning of Football League.
Am I going loopy ? - or can someone confirm it. - Ta......

I thought we actually played damn well, a marked improvement from recent weeks. 83% possession and 19 attempts isn't bad.

Impressed with Zinky who, I'll be honest, was the last of our youth prospects I expected to see!

In my opinion ederson should have been at he attackers feet quicker, he seemed to hesitate for some reason. But no bother really we won and we match on!

A reaction today was vitally important & thst's what we got. Benitez set his young, energetic side up to defend, & defend with 11 men they did.

When Newcastle threw caution to the wind & came at us, we became a bit ragged, which is something I've noticed has begun to creep into our game.

It looks like Silva's back, so thank fuck for that. It comes as no surprise that our worst run of the season coincided with his absence.

Anyway, it was 3 points won, Sergio scored a hattrick, & Sane did an impression of Ronaldinho to round off a good win. We now just need to redouble our efforts & do our best to finish the season how we started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.