Newcastle (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
god i hope not ,this cautious approach has cost us many points , we would have right upthe dippers arse without the draws because we are scared
I hope not too, but can see it happening. No need for both when we know they will have everyone behind the ball. Both against Everton make sense, but not these.

Bernardo or Foden need to start to help Kev create chances

Looking forward to the double park bus again hopefully we get an early goal and then go for another one quickly. No mistake though Newcastle been poor but defensively they will be like West Brom all there players on it 100%.

Love Man City and football in general, but just have not enjoyed it since March. What is wrong with me?
It's not just you and it's not only because of covid. For the past ten years City won more than we'd ever dreamed possible and did it playing the kind of beautiful football that's on a par with the best the world has seen. But those players are mostly gone now, and for all the quality of KDB and the promise of Foden I can't feel for Rodri et al what I felt for Silva, Kompany, Yaya & co. But where covid does come in is with not knowing when I'll ever get back across the ocean to Manchester again and whether the folks I go back to see will still be there. There was a book I read a long time ago, The World We Have Lost by historian Peter Laslett, about how England had changed over the centuries, depressingly it feels like England and the world has changed again and for the worse. Both the missus and I think we're becoming right FOCs. Anyway with that miserable moan over I'm ready to watch the match, got some imported Young's special bitter and McVities dark choc biscuits to go with it, and looking to see City win by six or seven. Always want to smash Newcastle as revenge for 1955 Cup Final.

Looking forward to the double park bus again hopefully we get an early goal and then go for another one quickly. No mistake though Newcastle been poor but defensively they will be like West Brom all there players on it 100%.

Everyone seems to be against us then they shit themselves against the rag turds and just roll over. It's fucking shite and probably corrupt.

Love Man City and football in general, but just have not enjoyed it since March. What is wrong with me?
I feel the same , it has been pushed down the list by real life concerns , no fans makes it a souless watch and i didnt agree with the restart , what i feared was our players getting covid , four or five now with others having to isolate here and there , it is just not that important right now to be playing football, i expect the boys are glad to be playing though

god i hope not ,this cautious approach has cost us many points , we would have right upthe dippers arse without the draws because we are scared
agreed

its either Pep doesnt trust any of the 3 individuals to be able to play the 6 role on their own or becuase he doesnt trust his defence to do the job he has been asking them to do the last few seasons....strange when last season our defense was the issue yet now it seems better (ie in their individual performances and one to one defending).....

we have moved away from playing double 8's (some will argue thats what Gundogan provides but I would say he is distinctly below average in that department when you look at the other potential options and in comparrison to having David Silva there) and this means we have lost an element of creativity while remaining still dominant with possession.

For me we need to go back to one number 6 and have either Bernardo Silva or Foden partnering KDB as the double 8's)...Ferna nor gundgan are good enough creativity wise for this role ( and neither is rodri obviously)

Jonjo Shelvey says hold my beer. 25 yard screamer.

If Rodri plays twice in 48 hours take that as confirmation that he has footage of Pep in a compromising position and is not afraid to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.