Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't take offence at anything, I just made my position clear.

Also, people can frame the club any way they wish as it will have no impact on me because I simply don’t care and never will. It would be like water off a ducks back if PIF were forced to sell us tomorrow, I wouldn't care. Who bought their shares would be of concern as another Mike Ashley would impact the club negatively, other than that, that's life.
It seems the Qatar state might have problems buying the rags, mainly because they own PSG but also because they are the state. For that reason they've found a puppet banker. I'm sure Amanda and her lads can find a Saudi cafe owner who just happens to have a few billion :-)

Newcastle are now mathematically safe from relegation and have 9 games to secure a CL place for next season and for the first time this season, I think we can do it. We're 10 points inside of 7th which will mean qualifying for the Europa Conference, so I think that's almost guaranteed now as a minimum.

The turnaround has been almost off the scale since we appointed Eddie Howe.

He had to remove Longstaff from the game yesterday to get the points so hopefully we’ll not see him too often although I wouldn’t bet on it. Also, Burn was garbage again and shouldn’t start against Villa next weekend but he probably will. Playing those two is the only real problems I have with Howe as neither are good enough and we’ll be much better without them unless they’re covering injuries to others.

Our remaining games are Villa away which could go either way as they’re doing really well so will feel confident of doing well against us but I don’t see a lot in them to worry about.

That’s followed by Spurs at home which I’m confident about as we usually do reasonably well against them, hopefully they’ll not have the referee and VAR as their 12th and 13th man.

Everton away which we should win because they can’t score goals and look soft at the back and Pickford doesn’t play well against us, usually. They might crumble if we can get at them from the first whistle.

Southampton at home which is a possible banana skin but I don’t think we’re the team to lose those games now, I guess playing them 3 days after Everton might give us something of a problem.

Arsenal at home which I’m currently not concerned about but will have a better idea closer to the game, they crumbled last season when they came to St James’ and needed to win to qualify for the Champions League and we beat them 2-0 and they were terrible.

Leeds away should probably be an away win as we have a reasonable record against them and they’re not very good.

Leicester at home should be a home win as we beat them 3-0 away and have already beaten them at home 2-0 in the League Cup, they have absolutely no confidence and look as if they’re going to appoint a poor manager to replace Rogers.

Chelsea away which might be a tough game if they start scoring as they have some very good players.

Our other game is Brighton at home which is not scheduled yet, it will be a tough game for both teams.

I see Paul O'Grady's love child kicked off with Eddie Howe after being brought off in the 95th min to kill time, after being brought on at half time.

Still absolutely flabbergasted they paid what they did for the snidey little shit.

He's a snidey little shit but he's our snidey little shit now and we'll support him. I'm not too bothered about what happened with him yesterday as long as it's a one off. He can't do it again but he was playing well and I guess that being brought off as a substitute feels a lot worse that being brought off as a starter.

As for his transfer, I guess we'll see how that one goes as he's hardly played for us yet but he has made some good contributions which have brought us goals and him coming on against Brentford is one of the reasons we got the three points.

I hated him playing against us as he was the little shit mentioned earlier so I understand why fans of other clubs don’t like him.

Newcastle are now mathematically safe from relegation and have 9 games to secure a CL place for next season and for the first time this season, I think we can do it. We're 10 points inside of 7th which will mean qualifying for the Europa Conference, so I think that's almost guaranteed now as a minimum.

The turnaround has been almost off the scale since we appointed Eddie Howe.

He had to remove Longstaff from the game yesterday to get the points so hopefully we’ll not see him too often although I wouldn’t bet on it. Also, Burn was garbage again and shouldn’t start against Villa next weekend but he probably will. Playing those two is the only real problems I have with Howe as neither are good enough and we’ll be much better without them unless they’re covering injuries to others.

Our remaining games are Villa away which could go either way as they’re doing really well so will feel confident of doing well against us but I don’t see a lot in them to worry about.

That’s followed by Spurs at home which I’m confident about as we usually do reasonably well against them, hopefully they’ll not have the referee and VAR as their 12th and 13th man.

Everton away which we should win because they can’t score goals and look soft at the back and Pickford doesn’t play well against us, usually. They might crumble if we can get at them from the first whistle.

Southampton at home which is a possible banana skin but I don’t think we’re the team to lose those games now, I guess playing them 3 days after Everton might give us something of a problem.

Arsenal at home which I’m currently not concerned about but will have a better idea closer to the game, they crumbled last season when they came to St James’ and needed to win to qualify for the Champions League and we beat them 2-0 and they were terrible.

Leeds away should probably be an away win as we have a reasonable record against them and they’re not very good.

Leicester at home should be a home win as we beat them 3-0 away and have already beaten them at home 2-0 in the League Cup, they have absolutely no confidence and look as if they’re going to appoint a poor manager to replace Rogers.

Chelsea away which might be a tough game if they start scoring as they have some very good players.

Our other game is Brighton at home which is not scheduled yet, it will be a tough game for both teams.
I’ll be supporting you to beat Arsenal. U got a draw at theirs so kill them at st jimmys please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.